Protective Cultures Market
Global Market Study on Protective Cultures: Swelling Consumption of Natural Preservatives by Food Manufacturers to Uplift Demand
Protective Cultures Market Segmented By Freeze Dried, Frozen Pellets Form, from Yeast and Molds Bacteria in Cheese, Yogurt and Butter, Dairy Products, Meat and Poultry Products, Seafood
The global protective cultures market, particularly in the food & beverages industry is generally marked by products used as substitute for artificial preservatives and thus promote healthy eating. Protective cultures for food & beverage products are manufactured and distributed by various bioscience companies which develop natural solutions for food ingredients.
Bioscience companies operating in the global market are focused on developing protective cultures for the food & beverages industry to help them reach a growing health-conscious consumer base.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Kerry Group PLC
- Sacco srl
- CSK Food Enrichment B.V.
- Soyuzsnab Group of Companies
- Meat Cracks Technologie GmbH
- Dalton Biotechnologies S.R.L
- BIOPROX INGREDIENTS
- Aristomenis D. Phikas & Co SA.
- THT s.a.
- Biochem s.r.l.
Increase in the Usage of Protective Cultures in Dairy and Meat Products
- Protective cultures, generally referred to as bacterial cultures, are used in meat and fermented dairy products in order to extend their shelf life. The short shelf life of these food products has become a prime concern for the food and beverage industry, which is driving the use of protective cultures.
- Protective cultures inhibit the growth of pathogens and other microbiological agents that cause food spoilage. Hence, the vitality and relevance of protective cultures is projected to have a vital role in boosting the growth of the protective cultures market.
- In 2017, Chr Hansen, a Danish bioscience company, launched new products in the protective cultures market, especially for cheese and yogurt applications. The protective culture launched by Chr Hansen aims to replace synthetic and artificial preservatives used to increase the shelf life of cheese and yogurt products.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Increase in Consumer Awareness Regarding the Usage of Artificial Preservatives in Food Products
- The use of artificial and chemical preservatives in order to increase the shelf life of various food products is not preferred by several food researchers and scientists. Since the use of protective cultures in food and beverage products naturally increases the shelf life of the products, many scientists consider the use of protective cultures as superior and safe. Owing to this factor, protective cultures in food and beverages are projected to attract a huge consumer base over the forecast period. The growing dairy and meat products market is expected to boost the demand for protective cultures over the forecast period.
- In November 2018, DSM expanded its Delvo Guard protective cultures segment to reinforce safety standards for clean label products. These cultures were designed to prevent the formation of yeast and mold in dairy products so as to extend their shelf life without any effect on their taste and texture.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Advancements in the Retail Sector are expected to boost the Growth of the Protective Cultures Market
- Growing retail sector and the increase of FDI have resulted in the opening of various hypermarkets, departmental stores, and retail outlets. Food products sold in these stores might have come from long distances and hence, it is very important to prevent the spoilage of these. This factor creates lucrative opportunities in the global protective cultures markets over the forecast period.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Awareness in Other Regions is Expected to Create Opportunities in the Protective Cultures Market
- The demand for protective cultures in the food and beverage industry in North America has been rising at a promising rate, majorly due to the presence of several outlets and retail chains in Canada and the U.S.
- The protective cultures market is expected to create opportunities, when the same amount of awareness is created in other regions such as Latin America, APAC, Europe, and MEA
Growing Preference for Clean Label Food Products
- The increase in consumer preference towards clean label products has created a positive impact on the protective cultures market, owing to the use of bacterial cultures.
- DSM recently launched the Delvo Guard range of clean-label dairy cultures, which is designed to inhibit yeast and mold in fresh dairy products without affecting food safety or quality. These protective cultures are an addition to DSM’s clean-label range, and offer an entirely natural, clean-label solution to image-conscious brands looking to contribute to a more sustainable world, and rise to the challenge of evolving consumer trends and preferences.
- The range consists of two protective culture products based on Lactobacillus sakei strains and Lactobacillus rhamnosus strains, which work together to provide unique, synergistic effects against mold and yeast, and maintain product characteristics, as well as increase the product’s shelf life.
Increase in the Consumption of Packaged and Processed Food among Consumers to Boost Demand for Protective Cultures
- The demand within the global market for food and beverage protective cultures has been rising on account of the growing popularity of packaged food. Peculiar eating habits and changing lifestyles of the masses have brought packaged and processed food under the spotlight recently. With the increase in demand for processed and packaged food, the global protective cultures market is expected to grow considerably over the forecast period.
Protective Cultures Market: Segmentation
The subsequent sections analyze the global protective cultures market on the basis form, target organism, application, and region, and present a forecast for the period 2018–2028. The market is segmented as follows:
|by Target Organism||