Non Wovens Market to reach above 6.7% CAGR by 2030, to witness an upswing Post-Covid-19 era
Published On : Nov 04, 2020
The demand for baby diapers, adult incontinence products, and sanitary napkins has shown an exorbitant increase since the last few years. Non wovens are used to make these products due to flame resistance and stretchability offered by them. This factor is expected to take the non wovens market by storm in the forecast period.
The other area of application is “road construction”. Non wovens are being used as geotextiles for increasing durability on the part of roads. Positivities regarding global transportation and automobile industry lookout are expected to catalyse the non wovens market.
PMR states that the global non wovens market will witness a CAGR of 6.7% between 2020 and 2030.
Key Takeaways from the Non Wovens Market
- Polypropylene non wovens account for more than 60% of the market share.
- The future belongs to bio-based non wovens taking into consideration environmental pollution as well as excessive dependence on the petrochemicals. PLA (Polylactic Acid) that comes from viscose (from wood) and corn or vegetable starch adheres to the environmental rulations.
- Spunlaid technology is expected to see remarkable growth due to random fibrous structure, high retention of liquid, and low drapeability. Metal core packaging and industrial insulation ask for spunlaid technology due to higher tear strength offered, apart from the advantages above.
- Disposable medical fabrics are expected to drive the demand for non wovens in the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific holds more than 40% of the market share and the status quo is expected to remain unchanged going forward due to an exponential increase in construction activities in countries like China and India.
How is the non wovens market structured?
The key players in the global non wovens market include Asahi Kasei Corporation, Fibertex, AVGOL, Providencia, Polymer Group Incorporation, Chevron Corporation, DuPont, Ahlstrom Incorporation, Kimberlay-Clark Corporation, PEGAS, Mitsui, Toray, Fitesa, First Quality, and Freudenberg. On the “innovation” front, Sintx Technologies, in Jun 2020, did disperse as well as embedded silicon nitride particles into non wovens.
Effect of Covid-19 on Non Wovens Market
The outbreak of Covid-19 has put almost the entire world in a fix, and non wovens are no exception. The production of non wovens has been suspended at periodic intervals in the wake of partial/total lockdown being inflicted all across. This has adversely affected the production of essential medical products. Though thin attendance is in place, the scenario is expected to continue till mid-2021 (till the Covid-19 vaccine is in place).
“The global non wovens market has been accelerating, especially the environmentally-friendly ones. However, to witness this acceleration, Covid-19 phase needs to wean off. Traction would be expected then”.
Non Wovens Market: Conclusion
The non wovens market is slated to leapfrog the monotonous rut of linear transition post-Covid-19 era. There would be an upsurge in the market once the uncertainty named “Covid-19” gets cleared.
Non Wovens Market
Global Market Study on Nonwoven Fabric: High Usage in Textile and Automotive Applications Spurring Market Growth
Global Market Study on Nonwoven Fabric: High Usage in Textile and Automotive Applications Spurring Market GrowthRequest TOC