Confocal microscope is a special form of standard fluorescence microscope that uses particular optical components to generate high-resolution images of material stained with fluorescent probes. Confocal microscopy is different from the conventional wide field fluorescence microscopy, in which the optical path is designed to place in front of the image detector (photomultiplier tube or camera), and an aperture (opening) at a point where the image is focused in conjunction with the focal plane of the image.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Olympus Corporation
- Leica Microsystem (Sub. Danaher)
- ZEISS Group (Carl Zeiss Meditec AG)
- Nikon Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
- Oxford Instruments plc
- Thorlabs, Inc.
Market Value and Forecast
The global confocal microscope market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% throughout the forecast period (2018–2028).
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Confocal Microscope Market: Key Insights
- The increasing applications and benefits of confocal microscope and increasing adoption of confocal microscope is growing in biology, life science, material science, neuroanatomy, and neurophysiology, which is consequently expected to drive the growth of the market for confocal microscope over the forecast period.
- Rarly diagnosis and treatment of cases of microbial keratitis and along with clinical practices, confocal microscopy is developing into a powerful research and diagnostic tool in ophthalmology is further expected to spur the growth of the market for confocal microscope in the near future
- Increasing in the adoption for new technology and development of highly customized or new non-commercial instruments for specific biological applications is also expected to drive the growth of the confocal microscope market over the forecast period.
- Increasing collaboration among the major key players in the research and development of new and innovative devices is expected to drive the growth of the confocal microscope market over the forecast period.
- Long-term national investment in basic and applied research and development is expected create lucrative growth opportunities for the confocal microscope
- Funding for life science research and investments in this area serve to expand various projects undertaken and personnel employed and Investment in R&D is likely to increase in all countries across the globe in the coming years, especially in countries such as China and Brazil is expected to spur the growth of the market for confocal microscope over the forecast period.
- North America, followed by Europe, is expected to be the leading regional market for confocal microscope, owing to increasing adoption of confocal microscope in live cell imaging, increasing application in dentistry and used in the characterization of many pharmaceutical systems, including tablets, film coatings and colloidal systems.
- Growing awareness regarding the new technology in the microscopy in underdeveloped countries such as Africa is expected to drive the growth of the market for confocal microscope over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific Confocal Microscope market is projected to have continuous growth over the forecast period as more focus from the government towards emerging economies.
- Increasing focus on nanotechnology with new techniques, which are widely used in pharmacology, cosmetics, medicines, etc. is further expected to increase the market for confocal microscope in near future
- The confocal microscope helps to provide valuable information about wound healing in the postsurgical cornea, especially after keratorefractive and transplant surgery which creates a huge opportunity for the market of confocal microscope
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Confocal Microscope Market: Regional Outlook
The global confocal microscope market is segmented into six key regions, namely North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, Japan and the Middle East & Africa. In terms of value, North America is expected to be the leading regional market for confocal microscope and is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific Confocal Microscope market is projected exhibit significant growth over the forecast period increasing government initiative to support growth of biotechnology and healthcare industries.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Confocal Microscope Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global Confocal Microscope market are Olympus Corporation, Leica Microsystem, ZEISS Group (Carl Zeiss Meditec AG), Nikon Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Bruker Corporation, Oxford Instruments plc., Confocal.nl, ISS.Inc, Thorlabs, Inc. among others.