- Market Research
- Ota Testing Market Segmentation by offering - Hardware, Services; By technology - LTE (Long Term Evolution), 5G, GSM (Global System for Mobile communication), CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access), UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System; By application - Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Automation, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Others
Global OTA Testing Market: Introduction
Over-the-air testing or OTA testing measures antenna & receiver performance and system performance of various wireless devices such as laptops, tablets, smart phones, Internet of Things (IoT) devices and wireless routers. The OTA testing is done in order to check whether the performance of the devices matches with the industry standards or not and facilitate evaluation of receiver and antenna performance. Moreover, the receiver and antenna performance is very important for efficient working of wireless devices. Many standard organizations, telecom carriers, regulatory agencies, and industrial bodies have mandated the OTA testing of wireless devices as it is a requirement laid by the CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association).
OTA testing of antennas can help product development teams to increase product reliability and end user experience by identifying the problematic areas. OTA testing can also illustrate how the internal components affects the RF radio’s performance by performing sensitivity measurements. When using cell phones it is important for antenna not to lose communication link and to radiate in all directions when the user faces a particular direction away from the cell tower or moves around and it can be checked with OTA testing. Thus OTA testing is one and only way to qualify the antenna pattern and entire signal path of a wireless device.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Global OTA Testing Market: Dynamics
Owing to increase in adoption of smart devices and IoT, the demand of OTA testing is expected to increase over the projected period, which would fuel the growth of the OTA testing market. Furthermore, to get the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association certification OTA is a mandatory test, which is another factor anticipated to propel the growth of the OTA testing market.
In addition, smart devices, such as medical devices, numerous mobile devices and fitness wearables which are connected with the help of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular networks and other wireless devices are expected to be a significant factor driving the growth of the OTA testing market during the forecast period. Moreover, the number of smart cities has been increasing at a rapid pace, owing to which the number of wireless and smart connected devices has increased significantly. Thus the growth in the number of smart cities is also contributing towards the growth of the OTA testing market. However, antenna array complexity, irregularity and calibration are some of the major factors hindering the growth of the OTA testing market over the forecast period.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Global OTA Testing Market: Segmentation
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Global OTA Testing Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key vendors in OTA testing market are Intertek Group plc, Anritsu Corporation, Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, Eurofins Scientific, CETECOM, Inc., Microwave Vision Group Bureau Veritas S. A., Keysight Technologies, Bluflux LLC, UL LLC and SGS SA.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Global OTA Testing Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the OTA testing market can be segmented into North America, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Japan.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the largest market share of the OTA testing market as it offers the fastest growing OTA testing in this region. Countries such as Japan, China, India and South Korea, are investing heavily in the implementation of M2M communication and IoT infrastructure, which is anticipated to drive the growth of the OTA testing market in this region. North America accounts for the second largest share of the OTA testing market due to the increasing government spending on IT infrastructure and IoT in this region.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013-2017
- Market Size and Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Supply and Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition and Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for the global OTA Testing market includes:
- North America OTA Testing Market
- Latin America OTA Testing Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe OTA Testing Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe OTA Testing Market
- Asia Pacific OTA Testing Market
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of SEA and Others of APAC
- Japan OTA Testing Market
- China OTA Testing Market
- Middle East and Africa OTA Testing Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. It provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. It also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint