Carb alternatives is the latest trend that has become popular among consumers. The addition of cauliflower rice and mushotto, spaghetti in potato products is beneficial in reducing the number of carbohydrates.
Since consumers prefer low-carb diets, manufacturers are developing new potato snacks with low fat and salt. Vegetable-based alternatives are mainly utilized in potato snacks products.
- For instance, U.S.-based companies O that’s good’ and ‘Ore-Ida’ launched chilled mashed potatoes with the addition of cauliflower to reduce carbs in their potato products.
- Moreover, Farms Company introduced veggie fries, rings, and tots with a blend of potatoes and vegetables.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- McCain Foods Limited
- Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Aviko B.V.
- AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
- Farm Frites International B.V.
- Emsland Group
- Idahoan Foods, LLC
- J.R. Simplot Company
- Limagrain Ingredients
- Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. Kg
- The Little Potato Company Ltd.
- J.R. Short Milling Company
Progressive Change for Market with ‘Shareable’ Products
Shareable potato snacks and food products are the latest elements in the potato snacks market. Increasing consumer habit of snacking and partying has surged the demand for shareable potato products. Manufacturers are moving toward bigger-sized packages of potato products to further enhance their in the potato snacks market.
- For instance, McCain in Brazil offers unique oven baked potatoes that are designed for parties and sharing. The product is available in 500g size.
- In addition, Fairfields Farm, a U.K.-based manufacturer, launched microwaveable ‘crisp & dip’ products to penetrate into the sharing potato snack sector.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Global Cuisines Could Rejuvenate Frozen Potato Category
Potato is among the most consumed commodities in the world. Every country has a variety of potato snacks and food products, which represent the taste and flavor of that country. Consumers across the world are adopting the cuisines of different countries to experience variety in taste.
Different parts of the world offer their own specialty of frozen potato foods that are worth trying. A wide variety of frozen potato products is positively impacting the potato snacks market.
- For instance, in Germany, princess potatoes - a decorative whirls of loose-mashed potatoes. In India, blending of Indian spices and mashed potatoes. In South America, potato tortillas, a typical Spanish dish.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Increasing Snacking Habit of Consumers Beneficial for Potato Snacks Market
The snacking habit continues to rise across the world, as consumers are moving toward replacing meal with snacks. Additional nutrients in a day are one of the reasons for consumers shifting to snacking.
Potato snacks, including dehydrated potatoes, frozen potatoes, and chips are some of the favorite snacks liked by consumers. As such, manufacturers are broadening their portfolios to gain extra profits in the potato snacks market space.
- In March 2018, Lamb Weston Holding launched a new product called seashore in the growing potato puff category. As the demand for frying potato products is surging, the company introduced a new potato puff with more crunch.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Regional Outlook Potato Snacks Market
Consumers in emerging countries are preferring a variety of potato snacks and products, especially those that are of North American and European origin. Countries such as India, China, Brazil, and others are experiencing tremendous economic growth, and consumers are spending more on food products.
The better-informed population is demanding Western potato snacks such as French fries, potato puffs, mashed potatoes, and potato flacks. As a result, manufacturers in the potato snacks market are also shifting their interest toward developing countries to increase their sales.
- For instance, in 2019, Emsland opened the Innovation Center in Singapore, which will strengthen the company’s position in the Asia Pacific market.
Anticipated COVID-19 Impact on Potato Snacks Market
The ongoing health crisis around COVID-19 has affected all walks of life. The level of impact on processed agricultural products is mainly due to the seasonality of the crop. The potato crop takes three to four months to complete its lifecycle.
The crop is grown in different seasons in various countries around the world. In top potato producing regions such as India, China, Europe, the U.S., Russia, Ukraine, etc., the potato harvesting season is from May to October.
These top potato producing countries have been widely affected by the spread of COVID-19, and have announced lockdowns to counter the pandemic. Thus, the production of potatoes has been affected due to lack of manpower.
However, as compared to other food products, potato-based products have been impacted less due to the pandemic. Potato based products are a staple in almost all regions, and thus, the demand for potato snacks is comparatively stable even during this pandemic. Products such as chips, frozen potato food, canned potatoes, dehydrated potatoes, and other similar products are popular among consumers.
The shelf-life of these potato snacks are high, and they can be stored for a long time at home. As a result, consumer preference for potato snacks has been high during this lockdown period. However, manufacturer of potato snacks are facing issues regarding raw material supply, owing to lockdowns and reduced agriculture output.
They are also facing challenges with retail sales, owing to disrupted supply chains and international trade. Thus, there will be a slight impact on the growth of the global potato snacks market during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The global potato snacks market is witnessing average growth. Key players in the global potato snacks market could increase their profits by targeting retail sales and the foodservice industry, as potato-based products are popular among consumers across the world. Manufacturers of potato snacks should focus on the strategy of strategic alliances/partnerships with regional foodservice providers as well as distributors in Asia Pacific and the Middle East, in order to increase their market presence and product offerings in the global potato snacks market.
Key Segments of Global Potato Snacks Market
PMR’s report on the global potato snacks market offers information divided into four segments - type, application, distribution channel, and region.
Key Questions Answered in PMR’s Global Potato Snacks Market
- Which region will hold the highest market share in the global potato snacks market during the forecast period?
- Which region is experiencing the highest growth (CAGR)?
- Which factors are impacting the global potato snacks market?
- What are the global trends impacting the potato snacks market?
- What strategies must emerging players adopt to capture opportunities in various regions in the potato snacks market?
- What is the market structure of the global potato snacks market?