Electronic Access Control Systems Market
Global Market Study on Electronic Access Control (EAC) Systems: Biometric Systems to Witness Highest Demand
Electronic Access Control Systems Market Segmented By Authentication System, Intruder Alarm Systems and Perimeter Security System Process type in Commercial, Residential, Government, and Industrial
Global sales of electronic access control (EAC) systems are expected to top US$ 94 Bn by the end of 2031. Persistence Market Research projects the market to expand at a CAGR of around 13% over the forecast period of 2021-2031. The North American region held a significant 27% market share in the year 2020, but is expected to progress slower than the global average, at a low CAGR of 5%.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- NEC Corporation.
- Bosch Security Systems.
- Godrej Consumer Product Limited.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Tyco International Ltd.
- United Technologies Corporation.
Key Points Covered in Electronic Access Control (EAC) Systems Industry Survey:
- Market estimates and forecast 2016-2031
- Key drivers and restraints impacting market growth
- Segment-wise, country-wise, and region-wise analysis
- Competition mapping and benchmarking
- Brand share and market share analysis
- Key product innovations and regulatory climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Electronic Access Control (EAC) Systems and how to navigate
- Recommendation on key winning strategies
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Technological Developments in EAC Systems Market
Growing crime rate and evolving security trends have majorly changed the demand outlook for electronic access control (EAC) systems.
- Senseon, a leading name in smart access security solutions for cabinets and drawers, recently expanded its Senseon Plus and Senseon Core systems to protect sliding-door cabinets. This expansion is owed to Senseon’s new 5EL electronic lock that can be used and placed horizontally or vertically in cabinets. The lock is also capable of integrating with EAC systems to create a comprehensive security solution.
- Paxton Access, a technology company that has pioneered the first convergence of EAC and video launched its Paxton10 platform in Europe, and is soon coming to the United States. Paxton10 is capable of integrating and managing up to 1,000 doors and 1,000 cameras on a single system by adding Paxton10 door controllers, readers (Bluetooth mobile or keypad), and cameras, as such, opening up new possibilities for EAC systems.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Overview of EAC Systems Industry Research
Electronic access control (EAC) system is a method of using electromechanical hardware in order to permit restricted access into private premises. Rising terror attacks and crimes are demanding security at high-end. EAC system proffers some benefits viz. convenience, high accuracy, and efficiency of time over all other products of security that escalates its attraction in the global market of security.
Globally, governments as well as private sector organizations are investing a lot in providing better facilities of infrastructure. In 2020, the global electronic access control systems market registered revenues worth US$ 32 Bn, which are anticipated to raise up to US$ 94 Bn by the end of 2031. Over the forecast period of 2021-2031, the global market for electronic access control systems will expand at a healthy CAGR of approximately 13%.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Key EAC Systems Market Dynamics
In the past five years, the global market for electronic access control systems has grown efficiently owing to growing concerns of thefts, break-ins, and white-collar crimes, as a result driving the market demand from both commercial and residential bodies for advanced security systems. Also, the global market for electronic access control systems is boosted by the convenience provided by these kind of systems.
Additionally, the growing circumstances of vandalism, and public place violence and terrorist attacks in city centers and in various educational institutions are among the key factors augmenting the global market for electronic access control systems.
Moreover, the road constructions, centers of healthcare, educational buildings and residential buildings are projected to increase in the years to come which in turn will definitely raise the market demand for electronic access control systems in order to attain enhanced level of security.
However, lack of interoperability among these EAC systems with the existing systems is hampering the market growth. In addition, growing upfront cost along with expanding of alternate technologies viz. NFCs and biometric control access are hindering the growth of the global electronic access control systems market.
Segment Analysis as per EAC Systems Market Report
The global market for electronic access control systems is categorized into process type and end user type. Based on process type, the segmentation is done into authentication system, intruder alarm systems and perimeter security system. Among these, the segment of authentication system is segmented into biometric authentication system and card based authentication system.
The segment of biometric systems comprises of fingerprint recognition, iris recognition, signature recognition, automated fingerprint identification system, face recognition, palm recognition, vein recognition, and voice recognition while the segment of card-based systems comprises of proximity card and smart card.
And the segment of perimeter security system comprises of free standing intruder alarm system and perimeter security system and buried perimeter security system. Moreover, based on end-user type, the global electronic access control systems is classified into commercial, residential, government, and industrial.
By Process Type
- Authentication systems
- Face recognition
- Iris recognition
- Palm recognition
- Voice recognition
- Signature recognition
- Fingerprint recognition
- Vein recognition
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS)/Live Scan
- Proximity Card
- Smart Card
- Intruder alarm systems
- Perimeter security systems
- Free standing perimeter security
- Buried perimeter security
- North America
Regional Analysis of Electronic Access Control Systems Industry
Based on geographical region, the global market for electronic access control systems is segmented into Europe, North America, APAC and Rest of the World. North American region is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5%.
Key Market Players
Major companies operating in the global market for electronic access control systems include Bosch Security Systems, Honeywell International Inc., Cisco Systems, Tyco International Ltd, Siemens AG, Magal Security Systems Ltd, NEC Corporation, Godrej Consumer Product Limited, Johnson Controls, Hitachi, United Technologies Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, among others.
- Global Electronic Access Control Systems Market Propelled by Growing Security Concerns
- Authentication Systems Gain Dominant Market Share, Electronic Access Control (EAC) Systems Market to Register 12.60% CAGR from 2014 to 2019
- Electronic Access Control (EAC) Systems Market to Top US$ 94 Bn in 2031: Persistence Market Research