Clean Label Enzymes Market
Global Market Study on Clean Label Enzymes: Increasing Use as Effective Replacement for Chemical Ingredients in F&B Sector Surging Demand
Clean Label Enzymes Market Segmented By Carbohydrase, Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Pectinase, Protease, Lipase Type from Microorganisms, Yeast, Bacteria, Fungi, Plants & Animals Sources in Bakery, Beverages, dairy Product, Starch Modification, Protein Modification, meat processing
Enzymes are replacing or reducing the use of chemical additives in a plethora of use cases in the ever-growing food & beverage industry. Consumers around the world are becoming more conscious about the label on products regarding their ingredients.
There is a strong push from consumers demanding more information about the food that they indulge in, as a result of increasing awareness about the effects of unnatural foods and processed products. This is challenging food manufacturers to provide transparency about what is present in their products.
Increasing scrutiny of product labels and ingredients is pushing food and ingredient manufacturers to reformulate and develop new solutions, owing to the evolving demand landscape around the globe, which is creating a positive impact on the expansion of the clean label enzymes market size.
Clean label enzymes are used as catalysts with nutritional properties in different industries for increasing the rate of biochemical reactions, and with increased application in the food and beverage industry. The global clean label enzymes market is set to experience decent growth over the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
- Early this year in January 2020, global leader DuPont introduced the POWERBake enzymes series in Europe, which will help bakers with unique emulsification solutions.
- DSM introduced benzoate-free cheese ripening enzymes that allow cheese makers to meet consumer requirements and demand for clean and clear label products.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Koninklijke DSM N.V
- Kerry Inc
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- AB Enzymes GmbH
- Advanced Enzymes Technologies
- Novozymes A/S
- Biocatalysts Ltd.,
- SternEnzym GmbH & Co. KG
- BASF SE
- Qingdao Vland Biotech INC
- Amano Enzymes Inc
- SUNSON INDUSTRY GROUP CO. LTD.
Clean Label Enzymes Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Lactose-free Products: With increasing awareness about health consciousness, prevalence of various diseases, and self-diagnosis trend, the number of consumers that are intolerant toward lactose is increasing.
Dairy manufacturers are increasingly searching for alternatives that are suitable for lactose-intolerant consumers. Clean label lactase enzymes serve this need of the manufacturers, as they are nutritive and free from GMO and harmful chemicals.
Growing Application of Clean Label Enzymes in Bakery Products: Food manufacturers are striving to make their products delicious, but at the same time not sacrificing on quality and health claims.
Enzymes are the best solution to attain clean label, as they have the property of efficiently replacing both, in terms of usage as well as functionality, various non-label friendly chemical ingredients.
Enzymes such as amylase, lipase, and protease help in improving yeast fermentation, bread volume, and crust color in bakery products. The expanding bakery industry around the globe is a key factor promising the growth of global clean label enzymes market.
- With as estimated 34% market share in 2020, the bakery industry stands as the leading consumer of clean label enzymes, and is projected to exhibit over 6% CAGR over the next ten years. This dominating end-use segment in the clean label enzymes market is forecasted to surpass a whopping market size of US$ 800 Mn by the end of the forecast period.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Regional Outlook of Clean Label Enzymes Market
The Go-clean trend followed in Europe is the prime factor for the region to be dominating the global clean label market, followed by North America. The concept of clean eating is continuously gaining attention among millennials who demand nutrition as well as texture and mouthfeel.
With the rising population of lactose-intolerant consumers, the demand for lactase enzymes is expected to increase in these regions, thereby allowing them to dominate the global clean label enzymes market share.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Key Players in Clean Label Enzymes Market
- Market players are expanding their business with strategic mergers, collaborations, alliances, and acquisitions. Apart from collaborations with companies of the same profile, many key enzyme manufacturers work in collaboration with laboratories and universities.
- Consumers are getting educated about the new norms about clean label in most regions. Manufacturers are constantly focusing on launching new products and expanding their product portfolio.
- Companies are investing largely on research & development to create new innovative enzymes that have wide application in the food industry. Such investments boost the growth prospects of the clean label enzymes market.
Major players in the clean label enzymes market are Kerry Inc, DuPont, DSM, Advanced Enzymes Technologies, AB Enzymes, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S BASF SE, Novozymes A/S, and Biocatalysts Ltd, among others.
Key players are creating solutions to help bakers around the world to meet the demand for clean label products. Novozymes also introduced a lactase enzyme that was designed for producing a range of lactose-free products, which includes fermented dairy products and milk.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
COVID-19 Impact on Clean Label Enzymes Market
The COVID -19 outbreak has declined the growth of the world economy, which, in turn, has moderately impacted the food and beverage industry, including the ingredient industry. Industries are struggling due to various restrictions and safety measures that have been put in place to contain the pandemic.
Since enzymes are a business-to-business-oriented product, disrupted supply chains have affected their global trade. Clean label enzymes are applicable in food & beverages as well as other industries such as paper and textiles.
Restrictions on manufacturing units in some countries and trade restrictions across the world have also impacted the market for clean label enzymes. This situation is expected to have a moderate to low impact on the clean label enzymes market over the next two to three quarters.
The global clean label enzymes market is expected to witness decent growth over the forecast period of 2020-2030, as South Asia is anticipated to offer lucrative growth opportunities during this period. Rising awareness and growing population getting informed about clean label products will propel the growth of the clean label enzymes market space. Companies and brands engaged in the manufacturing, sales, and marketing of clean label enzymes are all set to experiment with new formulations, and target a diverse range of application areas in the clean label enzymes market.
Key Segments of Global Clean Label Enzymes Market
PMR’s report on the global clean label enzymes market offers information divided into four segments - type, source, application, and region.
Key Questions Answered in PMR’s Global Clean Label Enzymes Market Report
- Which region will hold the highest market share in the global clean label enzymes market during the forecast period?
- Which region will show the highest growth (CAGR)?
- Which factors are impacting the global clean label enzymes market?
- What are the global trends impacting the clean label enzymes market?
- What strategies must emerging players adopt to capture opportunities in various regions in the clean label enzymes market?
- What is the market structure of the global clean label enzymes market?