Oat Fiber: Market Outlook
Oat Fiber is an insoluble fiber with many functional benefits. It is mostly composed of carbohydrates i.e., cellulose and hemicellulose. It is made from grinding oats hull which is the waste product of oats milling process. The process of conversion of oats hull into a dietary fiber product called oat fiber is a patented process. Oat fiber is responsible for reducing the level of cholesterol, mostly the levels of LDL i.e. Bad cholesterol. The regulation of sugar intake is also carried out by oat fiber and thus oat fiber is especially useful for people with diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
There are many more applications of oat fiber such as it known for promoting regular bowel movements and speeding up the elimination of toxic wastes through the colon, preventing constipation, keeps an optimal pH in intestine thus avoiding colorectal cancer and oat fiber also works as prebiotics. Due to the fiber content in the oat fiber, the body weight is also controlled.
The oat hull being a waste product, the oat fiber production is a low-cost product. But due to its functional benefits, oat fiber is being used in many of the food and beverages industry. It also increases the volume of the product. Also, the market for oat fiber is very high as the end use of it are numerous. Also, the people buying oat fiber are so many due to the benefits it causes.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Oat Fiber Used as an Ingredient to Provide Functional Benefits
The oat fiber is a powder that is insoluble and is mostly added to bakery products to as a replacement to flours to make it a low-carb food. It is used in bread, cookies, pastries and a number of other baked items. Oat fiber is also used for making nutritional bars, confectioneries, cereals, superfoods because it acts as a product that keeps the product firmly. In breading and battering products that are made of chicken or seafood, oat fiber is an important component.
Oat fiber brings the crispiness to the batter or breading. The fruit syrups also include oat fiber in their ingredients due to its fibrous nature. Fiber is an essential ingredient for humans as well as for the other animals. Thus, many pet food manufacturers add oat fiber into the pet food for fibrous content. Many dietary supplements have oat fiber as the main product along with other components to increase the nutritional value. In nutritional foods, many beverages are also in the market to provide that nutrition of oat fiber in an easily consumable way.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Oat Fiber: Segmentation
|Basis of nature||
|Basis of end use||
|Basis of packaging||
|Basis of distribution||
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Oat Fiber: Key Market Participants
Some of the leading players of global oat fiber market include Grain Millers, Inc., Swedish Oat Fiber AB, Garuda International, Inc., CFF GmbH, Tata and Lyle PLC, SunOpta Ingredients, Inc., Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Oat Fiber: Activities of the Participants
- Swedish Oat Fiber AB, was bought by Naturex Group. It will now provide and support the development and future projects of Swedish Oat Fiber. This will be done through its international commercial network. The research and development will try and create new developments in oat fiber. And its network of application laboratories will create excellence.
- CFF GmbH has acquired International Fiber Europe N.V. in Belgium. By doing this they have broadened their capability to provide innovative applications and high-quality products to all their customers worldwide.
- SunOpta Ingredients, Inc., had acquired the complete General Mills Bakeries & Foodservice oat fiber processing facility located on Wenig Road in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and expanded their oat fiber processing facility.
Oat Fiber: Market Opportunities
A lot of research is being made to add oat fiber into products in a way that the taste of the product is not altered but at the same time, the nutritional value of the oat fiber can be provided to the consumers. Such a research was carried out for bread in which a certain amount of oat fiber added to replace the flour will not alter the bread taste and structure but the nutrients of oat fiber are obtained.
Also, the addition of oat fiber into yogurts is being carried out. The pet food application and the addition of oat fiber into animal feed can be researched. A lot of scope is present for research and development in oat fiber and many companies are coming up with their own research and development laboratory for improving their products.
Oat Fiber: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Oat fiber market report include:
- An overview, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Oat fiber market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Oat fiber market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this Oat fiber market