Global Construction Aggregates Market
Global Market Study on Construction Aggregates: Growing Demand on Back of Government Reforms for Increasing Investments in Infrastructural Projects
The construction materials market has witnessed sustained incremental growth over the years. This can be attributed to favourable economic conditions in numerous countries. The construction industry is anticipated to witness acceleration in large public infrastructural programs, which is expected to create public-private partnership opportunities.
Moreover, increase in healthcare expenditure is expected to fuel the renovation of healthcare facilities, which simultaneously is expected to drive an increase in the demand for construction materials over the forecast period (2020-2030). Spending on educational and schools institutions is also estimated to aid the expansion of the construction aggregates market size.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- HeidelbergCement AG
- Martin Marietta Materials Inc.
- LSR Group
- LafargeHolcim Ltd.
- Cemex SAB de CV ADR
- Vulcan Materials Company
- CRH PLC
- Adelaide Brighton Ltd.
- Eurocement Group
- ROGERS GROUP INC.
Increasing Infrastructure Investments in Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe
Growth of the construction aggregates market is mainly driven by the development of large-scale infrastructural projects in developing economies of Asia Pacific, and North America and Europe. Governments of major economies are concentrating on the development of transportation facilities and strengthening their energy (power generation) infrastructure.
- For instance, in December 2015, the U.S. Congress passed a US$ 305 Bn five-year highway and transit bill to strengthen the country’s infrastructure. Several infrastructural projects, such as the construction of light rail corridors, office buildings and shopping centres, are underway in North America.
- According to the International Renewable Energy Agency’s Renewable Capacity Statistics 2018, Asia accounted for nearly two-third of the world’s new renewable capacity in 2017, and it is the fastest-growing area, achieving a growth of 13%.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
High Transportation Costs of Construction Aggregates
Although construction aggregates are low-cost materials, their transportation cost is high due to their heaviness. This is a restraint for the growth of the construction aggregates market. Transportation costs amount to around 50% of the overall administration and logistics cost incurred on construction aggregates
- Usually, 50% of aggregates are transported via road, and in some regions, the shipping cost of an aggregate can outweigh its production cost if the material is trucked over 20 miles. Due to this, the U.S. construction aggregates industry is highly localized and fragmented.
- Moreover, the cost of all the vehicles is very high, which means manufacturers in the construction aggregates market space either have the option of entering into contracts with logistics companies or outsourcing their work to others.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Construction Aggregates Market: Structure Analysis
Major companies in the construction aggregates market are focusing on strategic mergers and acquisitions, intending to expand their global footprints as well as product portfolios. Leading companies in the market are focusing on selling non-core assets and facilities to generate the capital required to reduce debts.
- In July 2016, Heidelberg Cement AG acquired a 45% stake in Italy-based Italcementi.
- In Jan 2018, Vulcan Materials Company completed the acquisition of Aggregates USA LLC.
- In Aug 2017, Vulcan Materials Company disclosed that it had reached an agreement to acquire Polaris Materials Corporation.
Several prominent suppliers are involved in the global construction aggregates market, such as HeidelbergCement AG, Martin Marietta Materials Inc., LSR Group, LafargeHolcim Ltd., Cemex SAB de CV ADR, Eurocement Group, and others.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
COVID-19 Impact on Construction Aggregates Market
Globally, the construction aggregates market is estimated to witness declining growth in 2020, but is expected to rebound in the first half of 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic is having an adverse effect on the construction sector in the short-term. In order to combat the virus spread, globally, construction sites are being shut for the time being. Post-2020, the market is expected to experience steady growth of around 7% in terms of value. Furthermore, China and India are expected to hold around half of the market share in the construction aggregates market, and are expected to continue their dominance in the coming assessment period.
The global construction aggregates market is set to experience steady growth of around 7% through 2030, mainly backed by increasing infrastructure activities in the healthcare, education, energy, and power sectors. Players in the construction aggregates market space can look to China and India, which will hold around half of the market share over the next decade.
Key Segments of Construction Aggregates Market
PMR’s study on the construction aggregates market is divided into three significant segments - type, application, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about important market dynamics and growth parameters related to these categories.
Key Questions Answered in PMR’s Construction Aggregates Market Report
- Which region is anticipated to hold a prominent market share over the forecast period?
- What will be the key driving factors propelling demand for construction aggregates during the forecast period?
- How will current trends will impact the construction aggregates market?
- Who are the significant market participants in the construction aggregates market?
- What are the crucial strategies of prominent players in the construction aggregates market to upscale their positions in this landscape?
- Construction Aggregates Market to Reach US$ 627 Bn by 2030; Reduced Construction Activities Due to COVID-19-related Restrictions Impeding Market Growth
- Growth Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Shape Construction Aggregates Market through 2026
- Global Construction Aggregates Market Demand to Expand at CAGR 6.1% during 2017 to 2025