Clinical Communication and Collaboration Market
Global Market Study on Clinical Communications and Collaboration: Need to Improve Patient & Healthcare Team Communication to Drive Market Growth
Clinical communications and collaboration revenue totalled US$ 1.3 Bn in 2020, according to industry analysis by Persistence Market Research. The overall market is expected to reach US$ 5.3 Bn by 2031, surging at a CAGR of 13.3%.
Clinical communications and collaboration forecast analysis indicates 12.6% y-o-y growth in 2021. Among the components available, market share of software is the highest among all, and is set to expand at 16% CAGR through 2031.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Vocera Communications
- Intelligent Business Communication – AGNITY
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Jive Software
- Microsoft Corporation
- PerfectServe, Inc.
- Uniphy Health Systems LLC
- UDG Healthcare PLC
- NEC Corporation
- Spok Inc.
Key Insights Offered in Clinical Communications and Collaboration Industry Survey
- Market Estimates and Forecast 2016-2031
- Key Drivers and Restraints Impacting Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Communications and Collaboration Sales and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Demand Analysis for Clinical Communications and Collaboration from 2016-2020 Compared to Market Outlook for 2021-2031
The global clinical communications and collaboration market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1.5 Bn in 2021. The market is expected to witness increase at a CAGR of 13.3% during the forecast period 2021-2031.
With increasing global mortality rate, the healthcare industry has started to focus on delivering an on-time service to save the lives of patients. Also, medical errors primarily result from miscommunication between hospital staff. To ensure outstanding patient safety, hospitals have started to realize the importance of an efficient collaboration among their care team members.
Deployment of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the execution of team communication about the patients 24x7 helps them to continuously keep record and generate actionable insights based on the present and past data collected to deliver a future medical treatment to the patient. This increasing importance of patient safety is responsible for rising demand for clinical communication and collaboration solutions.
The global market is anticipated to witness growth in revenue from US$ 1.3 Bn in 2020 to US$ 5.3 Bn by 2031.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
How Do Clinical Communications and Collaboration Tools Aid Clinical Staff for Better Reporting and Compliance?
In healthcare institutes, clinical communication and collaboration systems are incorporated for seeking accurate information about patient health, surgical database, and other medical records in real-time monitoring. Also, a managed coordination among the hospital staff network, constant updates on news and critical issues going in hospitals, alarms, and alerts on the occurrence of clinical emergency is required.
Clinical communication and collaboration solutions are used to access dashboards that work as key performance indicators and deliver organizational compliance and collaboration, which further aid doctors and clinical staff to offer on-time and managed treatment to patients.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Which Factors are Driving Adoption of Clinical Communication and Collaboration Solutions?
The first generation systems used by hospitals and physicians for creating alarm management were providing notifications on bed-exit or alarms on the chair movement of patients. But, members of the nursing staff were receiving just a warning message without any context. Also, sometimes, the alarms were delivered to all the staff on their mobile devices, and this was resulting in a lot of noise.
Hence, demand for next-generation alarm management platforms is increasing day by day for reducing the complexity of medical alarms, with the integration of text messaging, contextual alarms and alerts, and voice communication into a single platform. These features of clinical communication and collaboration solutions are driving demand as a next-generation alarm management platform.
What are the Key Challenges Impacting Demand for Clinical Communication and Collaboration Tools?
With the deployment of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in hospitals and clinical labs, the amount of process virtualization has increased. Clinical treatment increases and direct human to human interaction decreases. Human interaction of healthcare includes the interaction between healthcare professionals & patients and a lack of direct contact between them increases the risk of errors in the clinical services delivered to patients.
Sometimes, patients can face problems such as healthcare service is delivered by inexperienced professionals of the industry easily using such technological platforms. Also, due to such issues, confidential medical information can also be leaked using a faulty electronic system.
This issue is a major challenge faced by end users about whether to deploy clinical communication and collaboration solutions in their systems or not.
Why is Demand for Clinical Communication and Collaboration Solutions Surging across the U.S.?
According to Persistence Market Research market analysis, overall clinical communications and collaboration spending in the U.S. alone is likely to increase at a rate of almost 9.6% from 2021 to 2031, with a present market value of US$ 215 Mn in 2021.
The market in the United States is estimated to witness a healthy growth rate over the forecast period 2021-31. Hospital leaders are focusing on cutting costs for the benefit of improved clinical communication. Providers are approaching technologies, which can be an important step toward providing the support care teams require.
According to PwC Health Research Institute report, 73% of provider executives are focusing on automation of administrative tasks to improve the clinician experience. Medical errors in communications in the country were responsible for US$1.7 Bn in malpractice costs over a 5-year period and 2,000 deaths.
However these statistics have dramatically changed with streamlined clinical communication.
Which Factors are Boosting Adoption of Clinical Communication and Collaboration Solutions in the U.K.?
According to Persistence Market Research analysis, the market for clinical communications and collaboration in the U.K. has a value of around US$ 62 Mn in 2021, and holds the largest share of around 18% in Europe.
Majority of hospitals in the United Kingdom have deployed clinical communication and collaboration solutions, as their deployment in hospital systems helps them improvise the CDI (Clinical Documentation Improvements). In addition, the technology also empowers hospital staff to communicate easily with patients as well as amongst each other.
For instance, in February 2021, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) invested a good amount of money in an advanced communication ecosystem. The hospital opted for the technology of Vocera Communications. New standards of communication helped healthcare providers prepare and reorganize the treatment of patients with coronavirus.
Why is Demand for Clinical Communications and Collaboration Continuously Rising in Australia?
The market in Australia is anticipated to be valued around US$ 233 Mn by 2031. Australia’s healthcare system is adopting clinical communication and collaboration for effective collaboration, communication, and teamwork. This helps clinical staff provide safe, coordinated, and comprehensive care, which results in positive patient outcomes.
There are several programs run by the country such as My Health Learning (New South Wales), Effective and Efficient Consultation Skills Workshop (Victoria), MyLearning (Northern Territory), and Learn2Lead program (Queensland), to focus on improving communication.
In addition, the Australian Communication in Healthcare Networking Forum conducted a short survey in March 2019 to pick out core competencies in clinical communication skills, and identify training and programs available in health service organizations to support clinical communication.
Which Clinical Communications and Collaboration Software is Anticipated to Fuel Sales Over the Coming Years?
Demand for secure messaging software is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 17%, with a current market value of around US$ 220 Mn in 2021.
Healthcare providers are struggling to improve patient care, work faster, and reduce wasteful spending across the healthcare industry. They are looking for solutions that can convert communication and collaboration into efficient workflows and more improved patient care.
Compliant secure mobile messaging solutions can be deployed to meet the requirements of sophisticated messaging in the global healthcare industry.
Messaging has been very important than improve communication and productivity in today's healthcare environment. The value of electronic communication in healthcare is acknowledged by related healthcare privacy regulations and HIPAA around the world.
Various benefits such as workflow efficiency and enhanced collaboration can be achieved with the help of regulation compliant secure messaging. Due to such factors, these solutions are anticipated to see heightened sales over the forecast period.
Which Means of Communication is Expected to Proliferate in Future?
Text content is estimated account for total sales of US$ 649 Mn by the end of 2021. However, demand for voice content is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.8% from 2021 and 2031.
Most healthcare organizations are deploying clinical communication and collaboration solutions in order to improve patient care and patient satisfaction. Also, this helps in improvising the communication capabilities by offering secure, traceable, and HIPAA-complaint communication between caretakers, physicians, and nurses, by using content such as text, voice, and video.
As per Persistence Market Research analysis, more than 75% physicians rely on mobile communication in their weekly practice, while personnel in healthcare institutions continuously strive to locate or connect with the physicians on call.
Clinical communication and collaboration solution providers are focused on resolving this challenge by including the on-call physicians’ schedule in a comprehensive and unified directory for smartphones. Thus, voice content is anticipated to proliferate at a significant rate in future.
How Will Hospitals Support the Growth of Clinical Communication and Collaboration Solutions?
Hospitals are expected to contribute a noteworthy revenue share of 58% in 2021, and are expected to maintain their dominance over the coming years.
There has been exponential adoption of mobile clinical communication solutions internationally in hospitals and hotels for two-way communication and group collaboration. Click-to-call, role-based scheduling automation, group messaging, priority messaging and escalation, secure attachments, and ‘message anyone’ are several features provided by mobile clinical communication solutions.
Key vendors operating in market are continuously focusing on evolving their existing products and service portfolios. Companies are launching industry-specific solutions in order to cater to industry needs.
- In April 2020, TigerConnect launched TigerTouch to help health systems manage COVID-19 cases. This first mobile-centric healthcare communication platform will enable doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals to securely communicate with patients via video, voice or text with a single and enterprise-grade app.
- In April 2021, Vocera acquired PatientSafe Solutions based in San Diego, to enable care teams to quickly manage mission-critical workflows in one mobile smartphone app. This acquisition will extend Vocera’s reach into small and mid-size hospitals with a simple-to-deploy and easy-to-use solution.
Clinical Communications and Collaboration Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
USD Million for Value
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Customization & Pricing
Available upon Request
Market Segmentation Based on Clinical Communications and Collaboration Industry Research
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration Hardware
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration through Mobiles/Tablets
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration through Pagers
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration through Access Points
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration Software
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Secure Messaging
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Workflow Management
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for User Management
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration Services
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Support and Maintenance
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Integration
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Training
- Text Clinical Communications and Collaboration
- Video Clinical Communications and Collaboration
- Voice Clinical Communications and Collaboration
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Clinical Labs
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Hospitals
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Physicians
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Hotels
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Retail
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration for Correctional Facilities
FAQs Answered in Market Study
- Which region is expected to showcase significant growth in clinical communications and collaboration demand?
East Asia is projected to register strong growth in the market at a CAGR of above 16%, owing to growth in digital transformation in the healthcare sector in the region.
- Which is the most attractive component in clinical communications and collaboration?
Software is currently the most attractive in the market, accounting for over 43% of revenue generated in 2020.
- Which are some of the leading companies offering clinical communication and collaboration solutions?
Some of the leading companies are Vocera Communications, TigerConnect, Intelligent Business Communication – AGNITY, Cisco Systems Inc., Jive Software, and Microsoft Corporation. Nearly 55% of the market share is currently held by the top 15 players.
- Who are the leading end users of clinical communications and collaboration?
Hospitals are expected to dominate the market generating revenue of US$ 3.7 Bn by 2031, with demand estimated to surge at a CAGR of 16%.
- How much is the clinical communications and collaboration market worth globally?
The clinical communications and collaboration market was valued at US$ 1.3 Bn in 2020, and is estimated to grow at a significant rate.
- What is the sales forecast for clinical communications and collaboration for the coming years?
Sales of clinical communications and collaboration are expected to be valued at US$ 1.5 Bn by the end of 2021, and are likely to surge to US$ 5.3 Bn by 2031.
- What was the last 5-year market CAGR for sales of clinical communication and collaboration solutions?
From 2016 to 2020, sales of clinical communication and collaboration solutions increased at a CAGR of 11.8%.
- What are the key trends being observed in this market landscape?
Physicians entering into the communication loop and partnerships between clinical communication and collaboration solution providers and wearable device manufacturers are key trends being observed.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving demand for clinical communications and collaboration?
Top 5 countries driving demand for clinical communications and collaboration include the U.S., China, Germany, U.K., and Japan.
- What is the North America market outlook for the future?
North America is predicted to remain one of the most attractive markets, with the U.S. accounting for close to 65% regional market share.
- What are the key market statistics for South Korea and Japan?
Sales of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in Japan and South Korea were valued at US$ 84.1 Mn and US$ 70.9 Mn, respectively, in 2020, and are projected to register CAGRs of 16.7% and 17.3%.
Enquiry before Buying
- Is this research conducted by Persistence Market Research?
Yes, the research has been conducted by expert analysts of Persistence Market Research, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
- What research methodology is followed by Persistence Market Research?
Persistence Market Research follows a methodology that encompasses demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions. Request a detailed methodology.
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
Persistence Market Research speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
Persistence Market Research conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.
- How can I buy this report?
Persistence Market Research provides a secure online payment system to buy reports seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.
- Clinical Communications and Collaboration Software to Account for Over 56% Market Share by 2031, Finds Persistence Market Research
- Global Clinical Communication and Collaboration Market Revenue Growth Driven by Rising Need for Seamless Communication in Healthcare, Reveals Persistence Market Research