In order to provide appropriate medical therapy, animal drug compounding containing desired active ingredients are available. Currently, no FDA-approved drug is available in the market for the treatment of megacolon (constipation) in cats. In 2000, Cisapride, the only safe and effective drug for the treatment of chronic constipation in cats was recalled from the U.S. market.
Hence, for effective pro-kinetic treatment, animal drug compounding remains the only choice for veterinary doctors to prescribe. In addition, drugs containing bromides were also recalled from the U.S. market in the 1970s. However, due to the safety and extended efficacy of bromides, the drug is prescribed by animal drug compounding pharmacies for the treatment of idiopathic epilepsy in dogs.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Hoye's Pharmacy
- Vertisis Custom Pharmacy
- Smith Caldwell Drug Store
- Sixth Avenue Medical Pharmacy
- Dougherty's Pharmacy
- Triangle Compounding Pharmacy Inc.
- Medisca Inc.
- Wedgewood Pharmacy
- Millers Pharmacy
- Chiron Compounding Pharmacy
- MEDS Canadian Compounding Pharmacy
- Aurora Compounding
- Pace Pharmacy
- Victoria Compounding Pharmacy
- Pratt’s Compounding Pharmacy
- People’s Choice Pharmacy
Increasing Regulatory Inspections for Effective Animal Drug Compounding
Self-nomination for inspection and clearing FDA approval process for adherence to cGMP guidelines is expected to increase drug and brand value for animal drug compounding in the future. To achieve this, animal drug compounding pharmacies need to abide by stipulated FDA norms and also be prepared for surprise inspections.
Regulatory inspections of animal drug compounding pharmacies are expected to boost good manufacturing practices, and thus, increase consumer uptake of these compounded drugs. For example, PCAB notes that, less than 3% of animal drug compounding pharmacies are accredited by PCAB, as of 2015.
Furthermore, only 48 facilities in the U.S. are registered and authorized to engage in bulk API manufacturing. If over 3,500 animal drug compounding pharmacies in the U.S. obtain FDA and PCAB certification, it could largely impact customer uptake of these types of customized drugs thereby boosting the growth of the animal drug compounding market.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Availability of Animal Drug Compounding in Different Flavors Gaining Traction
Availability of flavored animal drug compounding for cats, dogs, exotic pets, and some zoo animals has increased treatment/drug adherence. For example, animal drug compounding of metronidazole with sardine or tuna flavored suspension increases its palatability, thus making it taste better and increasing its compliance. Exotic animals such as birds and sugar gliders prefer sweet flavors such as strawberry, banana, or tutti frutti. Therefore, the availability of flavored products in animal drug compounding is gaining the attention of consumers.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Analysts’ Viewpoint of Animal Drug Compounding Market
An extensive analysis of the animal drug compounding market has brought our analysts to a conclusion that, the global animal drug compounding market is growing at a significant pace. Currently, CNS agents is the target segment for major players, hence, this segment dominates the global animal drug compounding market by product type in tem of revenue. The animal drug compounding markets in North America and Europe collectively hold more than 85% of revenue share of the global animal drug compounding market, due to the high rate of pet adoption in these region. Developing countries such as Brazil, South Africa, and India are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the animal drug compounding market, owing to increasing number of compounding pharmacies in the regions.
Key Segments of Animal Drug Compounding Market
PMR’s study on the animal drug compounding market offers information divided into four important segments-product type, formulation, animal type, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics, and growth parameters associated with these categories.
Key Questions Answered in PMR’s Animal Drug Compounding Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for animal drug compounding market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for animal drug compounding during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the animal drug compounding market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the animal drug compounding in developed regions?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the animal drug compounding market to upscale their position in this landscape?
- What are the restraints that investors need to be aware of and might tackle while investing in the animal drug compounding market?
- What are the developmental trends in the animal drug compounding sector that will impact the market?
- How can businesses in the animal drug compounding market avail growth opportunities in developed and emerging sectors?