Demand for Sweat-Proof and Water-Resistant Cosmetics and Body Products with Enhanced Properties to Drive the Application of Specialty Cosmetic Ingredients
Specialty cosmetic ingredients are the specialty ingredients that are added to body products and cosmetics to impart specific properties to the end product. The global specialty cosmetic ingredients market report provides an overview of the market dynamics including drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, value (US$ Mn) and volume (Tons) projections, along with detailed information regarding recent developments for the period between 2017 and 2026.
The global specialty cosmetic ingredients market has been segmented on the basis of product type into emollients, surfactants, conditioning polymers, rheology control agents, UV absorbers, emulsifiers and antimicrobials. These specialty cosmetic ingredients add various unique properties such as foaming and water resistance to the end cosmetic product. Hence, specialty cosmetic ingredients find a diverse set of applications such as hair care, skincare, oral care, fragrance and make-up cosmetics.
The global market was pegged at US$ 9595.3 Mn in 2017 & is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of cosmetics and personal care products with rising advancements and innovations in end products are some of the factors driving the growth of the specialty cosmetic ingredients market.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Solvay SA
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Lonza Group
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Clariant AG
- Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc.
- Innospec Inc.
- Novacap Group
- Actives International
- Variati S.p.A.
- INOLEX Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
Emollients Segment to Grow at the Rate of 4.9% During the Forecast Period, Aided by the Rapid Growth in Demand For Moisturizers
Conditioning polymers are extensively used as specialty cosmetic ingredients in cosmetic products such as shampoo, body wash, liquid hand wash, and a variety of hair and skincare products. Most importantly, conditioning polymers are used in sweat-proof cosmetics, which register high demand in warm and temperate regions of the globe.
Attributing to this, the conditioning polymers segment of the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market is reported to hold a significant share of 22.3% in 2018. By type, the emollients segment has been gaining traction with the large-scale adoption of emollients in a wide range of skincare products, owing to their lubrication and moisturizing properties.
This segment is anticipated to witness a growth rate of 4.9% during the forecast period, aided by the rapid growth in the demand for moisturizers worldwide.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Widespread Application of Anionic Surfactants, Supplemented by Substantial Demand from Cleansing Products
Surfactants are lipids that are widely used as specialty cosmetic ingredients. The key factor that drives their application as specialty cosmetic ingredients is that they are compatible with both oil and water. Hence, they are used in cosmetics for foaming, cleansing, thickening and other special effects.
As a result, they form a major class of specialty cosmetic ingredients. They can be further sub segmented into anionic, non-anionic, cationic, and amphoteric, among others based on the charge carried by the surfactant molecule. Of these sub-segments, the anionic sub-segment is pegged to remain prominent, valued at US$ 659.3 Mn in 2018.
It is expected to account for a substantial share of 36.9% by the end of 2026. This upsurge in the segment’s share can be attributed to the growing demand for cleansing products, in which anionic surfactants are one of the key specialty cosmetic ingredients.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Growth of Makeup Application Segment in Certain Regions
Skincare and hair care are the prominent application segments in the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market. Recent trends of urbanization and development in industries such as film and fashion have resulted in an upsurge in specialty cosmetic ingredients sales in the makeup application segment.
This market trend is specific to certain regions such as North America, where the makeup segment is expected to register 1.1% growth by the end of 2026.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
SEAP – A High Growth Region in the Global Specialty Cosmetic Ingredients Market
North America and Europe are pegged to be prominent regions in the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market with the presence of noteworthy market players. Rapidly growing economies of countries such as India and China in the SEAP (South East Asia and Pacific) region offer ample opportunities of growth in the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market.
China has been emerging as a significant region in the global market since the country is open to public, private and foreign investments. Manufacturers of specialty cosmetic ingredients are expanding and specifically investing in this region as it offers high growth opportunities in the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market.
Specialty Cosmetic Ingredients Market – Competitive Landscape
The global specialty cosmetic ingredients market is fairly consolidated, with prominent manufacturers holding substantial market shares as of 2017.
Some of the prominent players covered in this market study include BASF SE, Croda International Plc., Evonik Industries AG, Akzo Nobel N.V., Solvay SA The Dow Chemical Company, Lonza Group, Eastman Chemical Company, Clariant AG, Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc., and Innospec Inc., among others.
In the recent past, the global specialty cosmetic ingredients market has witnessed compelling advancements in the specialty cosmetic ingredients product portfolios of key players; some of which are mentioned below.
- On 30th November 2018, BASF SE introduced new solutions under its personal care business segment through the brand names Euperlan® OP White, Cegesoft® Active Ingredient Peel and Hyalurosmooth® to increase its market share in the specialty cosmetic ingredients market
- On 30th October 2018, Croda International Plc. announced the official launch of its bio-based specialty cosmetic ingredient (surfactant) to meet the increasing market demand
- On 18th January 2018, Lonza Group introduced its new featured product, Polyaldo® Polyglyceryl Esters, a naturally-derived surfactant utilized as a specialty cosmetic ingredient in cleansing formulations
Key Questions Answered in the Specialty Cosmetic Ingredients Report
- How has the specialty cosmetic ingredients market evolved in the past four years?
- What shape is the specialty cosmetic ingredients market expected to take in terms of volume and value during the study period?
- What are some of the prevailing market dynamics in the specialty cosmetic ingredients market?
- What are the competition developments and trends in the specialty cosmetic ingredients market?
- What are some of the underlying macro-economic and industry factors impacting the growth of the specialty cosmetic ingredients market?
- What are the important key challenges, opportunities and improvement factors for specialty cosmetic ingredients market players?
- What are the important market positioning and key strategies of key manufacturers as per the specialty cosmetic ingredients market taxonomy?
- How is the competition structured at present and how has it evolved in the specialty cosmetic ingredients market over the past few years?
Specialty Cosmetic Ingredients Market: Segmentation