Automotive die casting lubricants industry analysis reveals that global demand increased year-on-year (YoY) 3.8% in 2021 to reach a total of 28,138 tons. Demand for water-based lubricants is expected to increase at close to 4%. Based on value, Persistence Market Research has anticipated automotive die casting lubricant sales to witness a CAGR of more than 4% over the assessment period of 2021 and 2031.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Chem Trend LP
- Quaker Houghton Inc.
- Moresco Corp
- The Hill and Griffith Company
- Geiger + Co. Schmierstoff-Chemie GmbH
- Ultraseal India Pvt. Ltd
- CHEMTOOL INCORPORATED
- Condat SA
- Hardcastle Petrofer Pvt. Ltd
- Sunocs LLC
- J&S Chemical Corporation
- Lubgraf Synoils Pvt. Ltd.
- Aoki Science Institute Co., Ltd
- Falcon Industrial Inc
- Lafrance Manufacturing
- Marbo Italia spa
- Sunrise Chemtech Pvt. Ltd
- Acme Refining LLC
Automotive Die Casting Lubricants Industry Survey Also Addresses:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Assessment by Product Grade / Purity / Formulation Standards
- Assessment of import Price, Bulk Price, Contractual Price, Producer / Distributor Price
- Certifications and Compliance Requirements
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Automotive Die Casting Lubricants and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Consumption Analysis of Automotive Die Casting Lubricants from 2016 to 2020 Vs Market Outlook for 2021 to 2031
Over 2016 to 2020, use of automotive die casting lubricants increased at around 0.8% CAGR, with the U.S., Canada, Germany, and U.K. holding significant share in the global market.
Substantial growth in sales and production of automobiles has been witnessed worldwide due to notable growth in population and rise in disposable income. However drastic decline in demand for automotive die casting lubricants in 2020 due to the global pandemic impacted the historical period growth rate to a significant extent.
Moreover, due to rise in regulations on vehicle emissions to prevent damage to the environment from pollution and reduce health hazards from vehicle emissions, demand for fuel-efficient vehicles is increasing. To make vehicles fuel efficient proper combustion of fuel lightweight automotive components are used. To reduce the weight of automotive components. Lightweight metals such as aluminium, magnesium, zinc, and other non-ferrous metals that are capable of providing the same strength at less weight are used.
To produce complex geometric shapes using these metals, the die casting method is used. To obtain great dimensional accuracy and precise shapes in the die casting method, proper thermal management of the components is essential. Lubricants are thus used to manage the temperature of die during the process.
Moreover, looking at the current scenario, consumers are shifting toward eco-friendly products with rising awareness about environmental protection and health hazards.
Owing to these factors, demand for automotive die casting lubricants is anticipated to witness steady growth at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
What are the Key Opportunities on Offer for Automotive Die Casting Lubricant Manufacturers?
Various favourable governmental regulations to promote the production and sales of automobiles in economies such as Mexico, Turkey, India, and other South-east Asian countries are anticipated to create ample opportunities for automotive die casting lubricant manufacturers.
- Governmental policies providing free trade agreements, such as in Mexico, promote investments in the country.
- Various governmental initiatives and campaigns such as “Make in India” and others promote manufacturing in the country.
Such initiatives and growing foreign investments in emerging economies are expected to create robust growth opportunities to increase production and sales in these regions.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
What Issues Do Automotive Die Casting Lubricant Suppliers Face?
Lightweight materials that possess good strength, such as aluminum, magnesium, zinc, and other non-ferrous metals, are comparatively costlier as compared to other materials used in the production of automotive components.
Easy availability of alternative materials such as engineered plastics and composites, high cost associated with these materials reduces the profit margins of automotive manufacturers.
This increase in cost is expected to hinder demand for automotive die casting lubricants and the overall growth of manufacturers.
Which Region Offers the Largest Opportunity for Sales of Automotive Die Casting Lubricants?
East Asia is a leading region in terms of the production of automobiles. The region has a notable market share in the global market, especially due to the presence of major automotive component production hubs in countries such as China and Japan. East Asia is expected to create maximum opportunities for automotive die casting lubricant manufacturers.
Moreover, ample availability of raw materials coupled with manufacturer-friendly governmental policies attract manufacturers to expand in the region and relish the high opportunity created.
How Fast is Demand Growing in China for Automotive Die Casting Lubricants?
China is expected to dominate the East Asian as well as global market for automotive die casting lubricants market. The country is expected to hold more than 67% of the market share in East Asia.
China has a vast population, which creates huge demand for automobiles in the country. The country is one of the largest producers of automobiles across the world. This immense production capacity of the country in automobiles makes China a lucrative market for automotive die casting lubricant.
Moreover, due to a shift in consumer demand toward eco-friendly products, automobile manufacturers are using lightweight automotive components to reduce emissions, which is creating ample growth opportunities in the country.
Will the U.S. Be a Lucrative Market for Automotive Die Casting Lubricant Producers?
In 2021, the U.S. market expanded 3.1% year-on-year, even though the global COVID-19 pandemic hit. Across the whole of North America, total sales of automotive die casting lubricants are anticipated to reach US$ 20.1 Mn in 2021.
Strong research & development facilities and capabilities of the country provide an additional advantage for automotive die casting lubricant manufacturers based in the U.S. Manufacturers have access to advanced technologies and methods, which makes the U.S. an attractive market.
Which is the Highest Selling Automotive Die Casting Lubricant?
Die casting lubricants are the most widely sold type in. Revenue is expected to increase at a robust 4% year over year in 2021. Demand for plunger lubricants is expected to increase 3.2, according to the Persistence Market Research report.
This growth is due to increased use of die casting to produce automotive components with high dimensional accuracy and lighter weight.
Will Popularity of Water-Based Die Casting Lubricants Gain Traction?
According to Persistence Market Research, water-based lubricants are the most widely used owing to the high vaporization capacity of water as compared to other solvents.
When temperature increases, water evaporates and produces a cooling effect, and results in maintenance of temperature during production. Owing to this, water-based lubricants are expected to be widely preferred, increasing at a CAGR of 4.3% through 2031.
Which Material is Commonly Used in Automotive Die Casting?
Aluminum is the most widely used metal in the manufacturing of automotive components. Aluminum provides excellent strength-to-weight ratio and is cheaper as compared to its other alternatives in the market.
Aluminum can easily be cast in complex geometrical shapes with high dimensional accuracy. Also, Aluminum is abundantly available in nature, which makes the metal the best choice to produce lightweight automotive components.
With growing demand for lightweight automotive components, aluminum is anticipated to create a total incremental $ opportunity of US$ 47.3 Mn over the next ten years.
Several key market participants are focusing on product development, launching of new and innovative products, and expanding their market in emerging economies by strategic acquisitions and mergers.
Key strategies include acquisitions, and product innovation, strategic alliances, and strengthening of regional and global distribution networks.
Some of the key developments are:
- In 2017, Chem-Trend L.P. acquired the business of Rubio Trading & Consulting SRL (Arad, Romania), its long-time distribution partner in Romania. This was in line with the company’s strategy of expansion in Eastern Europe.
- In 2016, Chem-Trend L.P. acquired Huron Technologies, a customized mold release, and related products manufacturing company, to extend its customized offerings in the die casting lubricants market.
- In December 2020, Quaker Houghton Inc. completed its acquisition of Coral Chemical Company (“Coral”), a privately held, U.S.-based provider of metal finishing fluid solutions.
Similarly, more developments related to companies manufacturing automotive die casting lubricants have been tracked by the team at Persistence Market Research, which are available in the full report.
Automotive Die Casting Lubricants Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Key Segments Covered in Automotive Die Casting Lubricants Industry Research
- Die Casting Lubricants
- Plunger Lubricants
- Water-based Die Casting Lubricants
- Solvent Based Die Casting Lubricants
By Die Casting Material
- Aluminum Die Casting Lubricants
- Magnesium Die Casting Lubricants
- Zinc Die Casting Lubricants
FAQs Answered in Study
- How much is the global automotive die casting lubricants market valued at present?
The global automotive die casting lubricants market is currently valued at over US$ 118 Mn.
- What is main factor driving demand for automotive die casting lubricants?
Rising automobile sales across the globe is driving demand for automotive die casting lubricants.
- At what CAGR did demand for automotive die casting lubricants increase over the past 5 years?
From 2016 to 2020, demand for automotive die casting lubricants increased at a CAGR of 0.8%.
- What will be the demand outlook for automotive die casting lubricants through 2031?
Sales of automotive die casting lubricants are projected to increase at 4.1% CAGR and be valued at over US$ 177 Mn by 2031.
- What are the key trends being witnessed in this landscape?
Shifting consumer preference toward lightweight automobile vehicles to reduce emissions is a key trend shaping market expansion.
- What is the market share of the top 5 manufacturers of automotive die casting lubricants?
Basen on market share, market reach, and clientele, top 5 automotive die casting lubricant manufacturers account for around 45% of the global market share.
- At what rate is the market in Germany registering growth in Europe?
The market for automotive die casting lubricants in Germany is progressing at around 3.2% CAGR, giving the country a 28% share in the European market.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving demand for automotive die casting lubricants?
China, Japan, the U.S., India, and Germany are major demand centers for automotive die casting lubricants.
- Which countries are key producers of automotive die casting lubricants?
China, the U.S., and Germany are key producers of automotive die casting lubricants.
- Which nations the key exporters of automotive die casting lubricants?
China, the U.S., Japan, and Germany are key exporting countries of automotive die casting lubricants.
- What are the market statistics for automotive die casting lubricants market in Japan and South Korea?
Japan and South Korea are expected to hold 10.4% and 2.5% of the global market share, respectively, by 2031.
Enquiry before Buying
- Is the market research conducted by Persistence Market Research?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Persistence Market Research, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
- What research methodology is followed by Persistence Market Research?
Persistence Market Research follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
Persistence Market Research speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
Persistence Market Research conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.
- How can I buy this report?
Persistence Market Research provides a secure online payment system to buy reports seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.