Rapid infrastructural development is leading to high growth opportunities in the global water and wastewater market, owing to aging infrastructure and increasing need for replacement of existing pipes. Growing demand for water management, and surface and ground water withdrawals may positively impact the global market for water and wastewater pipes.
The global water and wastewater pipes market revenues are set to witness an incremental $ opportunity of over US$ 18 Bn over the next decade, i.e. the period of forecast considered for the study. During 2019-2029, the global water and wastewater pipes market is expected to grow at a CAGR value of ~5%.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Aliaxis Group S.A.
- JM Eagle, Inc.
- Tenaris S.A.
- Vallourec S.A.
- Welspun Group
- Georg Fischer Ltd.
- GERDAU S.A.
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Atkore International Group Inc.
- ISCO Industries
- Advanced Drainage System
- ArcelorMittal S.A.
- Tata Steel Limited
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Can Clay Corporation
- Mexichem SAB de CV
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corp.
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd.
- Wienerberger AG
Demand for Wastewater Management Rising in Line with EPA Regulations
The rising demand for water is propelling the adoption of new technologies for proper wastewater management. Growing per capita consumption of water, increasing population, and industrialization have created a huge demand for water supply. Such factors are projected to bolster the water and wastewater pipes market growth in the coming years.
The United States operates a large number of water treatment plants and consequently, registers high demand for water pipelines. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) works to reduce the runoff of storm water by implementing water management of storm water. It imposed a regulation on wastewater, i.e., the 1972 Amendments to the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (Public Law 92- 500), known as the Clean Water Act (CWA).
Storm water is nothing but rain water or melted snow. EPA aims to avoid runoff of storm water into rivers by ensuring proper water management. Improper management of water leads to chemical contamination of drinking water and microbial pollution. This further causes environmental and health problems and can have financial/economic impact as well.
Thus, to avoid any deterioration in water quality, various initiatives are being taken by governments and industries for the management of wastewater. Owing to this, demand for water and wastewater pipes is expected to grow significantly in the near future.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Lucrative Opportunities with Growth in Water Infrastructure Projects
- In China, investments, and subsequent developments, are underway for the establishment of pipeline networks to transfer water from southern rivers to the dry northern regions.
- Public Private Partnerships to accomplish the program launched by the Indian Government, ‘Swach Bharat’, are expected to pave the way for the growth of the water and wastewater pipes market in the region.
- In Brazil, Sao Paulo state water company SABESP is initiating a water-related PPP (Public Private Partnership), and the overall project value is US$ 170 Mn. For capital improvements, SABESP invests US$ 500Mn per year.
- All these factors are ensuring high growth opportunities for the global water and wastewater pipes market in the coming years.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Growing Market Consolidation: Key Players Focusing on M&A
Over the past few years, an increase in the number of expansion and consolidation activities has been witnessed in the water and wastewater pipes market.
This can predominantly be attributed to the efforts being made by manufacturers to meet the intensifying demand for pipes across the globe. Moreover, manufacturers are strengthening their footprints in North America and Europe, as well as gaining access to emerging markets in Asia Pacific.
- In the year 2015, Advanced Drainage Systems Incorporated acquired a Canadian company, Ideal Pipe, which is a manufacturer of HDPE plastic pipe, in order to expand its plastic pipe business segment.
- In the year 2016, ISCO Industries acquired all the assets of a company named Yeti Pipeline Equipment, LLC, helping the company in its capital expenditure for transport and installation of large diameter pipes at turnkey projects.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Water and Wastewater Pipes Market – Competition Landscape
The water and wastewater pipes market is a highly fragmented market and key market players held around 1/4 share of the total market in 2018. The top 10 market players in the water and wastewater pipes market collectively hold 18-25% of the total market share.
Some of the prominent manufacturers operating in the market are ThyssenKrupp AG, GERDAU S.A., Georg Fischer Ltd., Mexichem SAB de CV, China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd., and JM Eagle, Inc.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Water and Wastewater Pipes Market Report
- How has the water and wastewater pipes market evolved over the past four years?
- What are some of the prevailing market dynamics in the water and wastewater pipes market?
- What shape is the water and wastewater pipes market expected to take in terms of value during the study period?
- What are the competitive developments and trends in the water and wastewater pipes market?
- What are the important challenges, opportunities, and improvement factors for water and wastewater pipes market players?
- What are some of the underlying macro-economic and industry factors impacting the growth of the water and wastewater pipes market?
- What are the important market positioning strategies implemented by manufacturers?
- How is the competition structured at present and how has it evolved in the water and wastewater pipes market over the past few years?
A comprehensive analysis of the global water and wastewater pipes market draws up the conclusion that the market is projected to grow significantly in the coming years. Asia Pacific is expected to account for a significant share in the global water and wastewater pipes market.
Demand for water pipelines in municipal and industrial sectors for water as well as wastewater management is responsible for market growth during the forecast period. Manufacturers are looking forward to regional and product line expansions through merger and acquisition activities and technological advancements, to enhance their sales.
Water and Wastewater Pipes Market: Segmentation
|By Pipe Size||
|By End Use||
Subsequent sections of the report provide value (US$ Mn) and volume (Kilo Tons) projections for the water and wastewater pipes market on the basis of the aforementioned segments at a global level.
The global water and wastewater pipes market values represented in these section have been agglomerated by collecting data and information at a regional level.
The water and wastewater pipes market information, along with key facts and insights, covers unique analysis frameworks such as absolute $ opportunity analysis, year-on-year growth trend comparison, market share, and attractiveness analysis for each of the sub-types covered in each segment of this water and wastewater pipes market report.
The next section of the report presents a summarized view of the global water and wastewater pipes market based on eight prominent regions considered in the study. The section includes regional market position, growth potential, trends, and attractiveness analysis for each of these regions.
All the above sections evaluate the present market scenario and growth prospects in the global water and wastewater pipes market, while the forecast presented in these sections assesses the market size in terms of volume and value.
In order to offer an accurate forecast, we started by sizing the current market, which forms the basis of how the global water and wastewater pipes market is expected to develop in the future. Given the characteristics of the water and wastewater pipes market, we triangulated the outcome of three different types of analysis: primary research, secondary research, and our own analysis.
However, forecasting the market in terms of various segments and regions is more a matter of quantifying expectations and identifying opportunities rather than rationalizing them after the completion of the forecast exercise.
All the water and wastewater pipes market segments and sub-segments have been analysed on Basis Point Share (BPS) to understand each individual segment’s relative contribution to the water and wastewater pipes market growth. Another key feature of the water and wastewater pipes market report is the analysis of all the key segments in the water and wastewater pipes market, sub-segments, and regional adoption and revenue forecast in terms of absolute dollar opportunity.
This is traditionally overlooked while forecasting the market; however, absolute dollar opportunity is critical in assessing the level of opportunity that a provider can look to achieve, as well as to identify potential resources from a sales and delivery perspective in the water and wastewater pipes market.
In the final section of the water and wastewater pipes market report, a competitive landscape of the water and wastewater pipes market has been included to provide report audiences with a dashboard view categorized on the basis of providers present in the value chain, their presence in the water and wastewater pipes market, and key differentiating factors and strategies.
This section is primarily designed to provide clients with an objective and detailed comparative assessment of the key providers specific to a market segment in the value chain of the water and wastewater pipes market.
The report audience can gain segment-specific vendor insights to identify and evaluate key competitors on the basis of the in-depth assessment of their capabilities and success in the water and wastewater pipes marketplace. Detailed profiles of the providers have also been included under the scope of the report to evaluate their long- and short-term strategies, key offerings, and recent developments in the water and wastewater pipes market.