System-in-Package is a technology that accommodates the integration of multiple Integrated Circuits (ICs) into a single semiconductor package. This package possesses the ability to single-handedly perform several operations, since it combines multiple IC functionalities into a single hardware module. Mobile devices such as solid state drives, smartphones, smart automotive components, and media players are usually integrated with such SiP modules. Manufacturers are collectively integrating communication protocols and units such as modems, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth into their SiP modules. This results in higher performance, smaller form factor, and lowered production costs. Investment saved in the production of such modules is used to procure highly-efficient semiconductor testing services.
The global semiconductor testing services market was valued at US$ 11 Bn in 2018, and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period of 2019 to 2029. However, fluctuations in batch volumes, order levels, and related service fee rates are estimated to challenge the growth of semiconductor testing service providers on a global scale.
Key Takeaways of Semiconductor Testing Services Market Study
- High revenue generation in Taiwan and accelerated growth in countries such as India and China are estimated to enable the semiconductor testing service market in the Asia Pacific excluding Japan region to continue recording the largest market share throughout the forecast period.
- Telecommunication is the key vertical in the global semiconductor testing services market, and the segment is estimated to generate the highest incremental opportunity among all the verticals in the global market.
- Out of all the advanced package testing technologies, Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP) testing is estimated to dominate the global semiconductor testing services market throughout the forecast period.
- Collaboration with other semiconductor testing service providers, along with strategic mergers and acquisitions, help increase business revenue and develop new innovation strategies, enabling semiconductor testing services market players reach new potential customers and enhance market presence in other regional markets.
“Emerging players in the semiconductor testing services market can focus on entering into partnerships with end-point semiconductor manufacturers and mobile device OEMs in order to enhance their user experience and facilitate the development of highly-efficient electronics and mobile communication devices,” says a PMR analyst.
Focus of Key Market Players on Technological Innovation
Market leaders in the global semiconductor testing services market are JCET Group Co., Ltd., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, Unisem, ASE Group, Amkor Technology, Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd., and Powertech Technology Inc., among others. These market participants captured 54% of the global semiconductor testing services market in 2018. Other promising players in the global semiconductor testing services market include Bluetest Testservice GmbH, Micross, and Integra Technologies.
- Semiconductor testing service providers are acknowledging the challenges that arise in their supply and demand chains, where the volatility of the semiconductor industry results in either an over-supply or under-supply of end products.
- Also, gauging the potential of the adverse impact of this volatility presents another challenge, despite having pre-planned measures and contingencies to manage the risk of inventory going obsolete.
- Semiconductor testing service providers are entering into strategic partnerships and collaborations with other well-established semiconductor component and device manufactures. This helps them benefit from the operational and testing process expertise of their partners.
More Valuable Insights on Semiconductor Testing Services Market
PMR offers an unbiased analysis and forecast of the global semiconductor testing services market, analyzing historical demand of 2014-2018 and offering forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The research unravels the growth projections of the semiconductor testing services market on the basis of advanced package technology (Wafer Level Chip Scale Package [WLCSP] Testing, InFO [Integrated Fan-Out] Package Testing, Flip Chip Package Testing, System-in-Package [SiP] Testing, and Others), and application (Telecom, Computing and Networking, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, and Others), across seven major regional markets.
For additional insights on how growth of the semiconductor testing services market will unfold over the next decade, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About PMR – Electronics, Semiconductor, and ICT Division
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Electronics, Semiconductor, and ICT team at Persistence Market Research helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repository of over 500 reports on electronics, semiconductors, and ICT, of which, 100+ reports are specific for ICT, the team provides end-to-end research and analysis on regional trends, drivers for market growth, and research development efforts in the electronics, semiconductor, and ICT industry.