Iced tea is one of the most popular drinks in Asian countries such as Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and China, and is also gaining popularity in countries in South Asia. Bubble tea is an iced tea drink that originated in Taiwan in the 1980s. It contains grains of tapioca, is often blended with sweetener and flavorings, and is usually served cold with a straw. Bubble tea has a creamy appearance and a sweet taste, which boosts its popularity amongst all age groups as a dessert drink. Most consumers order bubble tea after a meal, owing to its pleasant mouthfeel and unique texture.
The bubble tea market has witnessed substantial growth in the past few years, and this is expected to continue throughout the forecast period of 2019-2027. The global bubble tea market is estimated to exhibit a steady growth rate of 5% throughout the forecast period.
Key Takeaways of Bubble Tea Market Study
- Europe is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the global bubble tea market, owing to the growing tourism industry and rising café culture.
- Bubble tea is gaining rapid traction in Europe and North America, as an increasing number of consumers demand products containing healthy ingredients and unique mouthfeel characteristics.
- Shifting preferences toward packaged and branded tea products in the Asia Pacific region make it a profitable market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold the largest share in the market through 2027, attributable to the increasing popularity of cold tea and café culture. This is expected to create opportunities for the introduction of bubble tea in untapped markets in this region.
“Players in the bubble tea market can gain substantial profits by focusing on establishing café outlets, and partnering with regional and global café and restaurant brands, especially in untapped markets in Asia Pacific,” says a PMR analyst.
Bubble Tea Market: Competitive Landscape
Players in the global bubble tea market are focusing on increasing their global market presence through their own shops, franchises, and partnerships with existing cafés and fast food joints. Manufacturers are also following the ongoing trend offering unique flavor profiles, and are using the widest variety of possible flavors to make bubble tea, owing to the increasing demand for new and innovative flavors by consumers.
- 8tea5 provides bubble tea with honeydew and milk, and winter melon and milk flavors, which have been gaining popularity amongst consumers.
- Companies such as Chattime, Gong cha USA CA, VIVI BUBBLE TEA, and others focus on providing franchisees to expand their business in regional and international markets.
Explore More Valuable Insights on Bubble Tea Market
Persistence Market Research, in its upcoming offering, provides an impartial analysis of the global bubble tea market, presenting historical data (2014-2018) and estimation statistics for the period of 2019-2027. The study offers compelling insights on the bubble tea market based on type (fruits & berries, chocolate, blend/mixed flavors, and others) and topping (tapioca, jelly, popping boba, and others), across five regions.
For additional insights on how the bubble tea market will shape up over the next decade, write to
About Food & Beverage Division at Persistence Market Research
The Food and Beverage team at Persistence Market Research provides all the necessary insights and consulting analysis to fulfill the unique business intelligence needs of clients, worldwide. With a catalog of more than 500 reports pertaining to the latest statistics and analysis from the food & beverage industry, our team is happy to help with every unique business intelligence research and consulting requirement.