Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Market
Market Study on Antibodies Contract Manufacturing: Monoclonal Antibodies to Dominate Market Share by Far
Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Market Segmented By Monoclonal Antibodies, Antibody Fragments, Polyclonal Antibodies Product in Mammalian, Microbial Expression System
The global antibodies contract manufacturing market was valued at US$ 3.87 Bn in 2020, and is expected to register a high CAGR of 13% during the forecast period (2021-2031). As per Persistence Market Research’s projections, monoclonal antibodies hold a substantial share by product at around 89% in 2021 in the overall antibodies contract manufacturing market.
Market Value 2020
US$ 3.87 Bn
Market Value 2031
US$ 14.6 Bn
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- AGC Biologics
- Eurofins CDMO
- Boehringer Ingelheim BioXcellence
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Emergent BioSolutions
- KBI Biopharma
- Nitto Avecia Pharma Services
- Pierre Fabre
- Samsung BioLogics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- AbbVie, Inc.
Demand Analysis of Antibodies Contract Manufacturing from 2016 to 2020 Vs Market Outlook for 2021 to 2031
Market value of antibodies contract manufacturing was US$ 3.87 Bn in 2020. Strong biologics pipeline and development & launching of next-generation biotherapeutics to treat serious life-threatening diseases such chronic ailments, autoimmune diseases, and cancer will fuel demand for contract development and manufacturing.
Moreover, rising number of R&D alliances among various public and private organizations to encourage technical breakthroughs in product development activities and progression of the disease and product approvals globally are also major factors that is expected to drive demand for antibodies contract manufacturing over the forecast period.
The global antibodies contract manufacturing is expected to register a high CAGR of 13% during the forecast period (2021-2031).
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
What is the Road Ahead for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
The global antibodies contract manufacturing industry will see more consolidation as key players look to inorganic growth strategies to offer integrated solutions to customers. In addition, scientific advancements in biopharmaceuticals are boosting the opportunities for antibodies contract manufacturing with potential capabilities.
The emerging antibodies contract manufacturing business model, transformation in the pharmaceutical ecosystem, disruptive drug development and manufacturing technologies, and major growth opportunities in high potency and biopharmaceuticals manufacturing are driving differentiation strategies for long-term profitability.
- In November 2020, the FDA approved casirivimab and imdevimab together for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients, as these are monoclonal antibodies that are mainly directed against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, designed to block the virus’ attachment and entry into human cells.
- Arcus Bioscience, in December 2020, entered into a collaboration with WuXi Biologics to develop anti-CD39 antibody for the treatment of cancer.
- In June 2020, Fujifilm announced an investment of US$ 928 Mn to expand its large-scale biologics production facility in Denmark.
- In April 2020, Trio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services entered into a development collaboration for a novel cancer antibody therapeutic, TRIObody™, and novel dual action antibody drug conjugates.
- In June 2019, Catalent Inc. purchased the Bristol-Myers Squibb manufacturing facility in Anagni, Italy. Catalent will bring potential new customers to the site for both, biologics and oral solid dose manufacturing and packaging.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Which Factors are Restraining Demand for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
Global regulatory policies, cGMP, inspection regimes tightening, supply chain security issues across emerging countries, and R&D funding for some projects have a large impact on the cost of final products. New entrants willing to enter into biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing are facing financial challenges owing to these factors.
High investment associated in antibodies contract manufacturing is one of the major restrains as biopharma companies have spent over US$ 50 Bn in just the past five years on new plants and equipment. Much of that has been in tax havens such as Ireland and Singapore, and in emerging markets.
About a quarter of the projects have been in the U.S. There just aren’t enough facilities, and those that are available are too old for modern drugs. It takes nearly four years to design, build, and qualify a new plant. Large-scale plants can cost between US$ 1 Bn and US$ 2 Bn.
In order to develop the economy, emerging regions require skilled professionals. Many companies have reported a sizable gap between skilled professionals and the current workforce. Many governments want to promote the development of a mainstream biotech industry, to mirror the U.S. model, but progress has been slow.
Inadequate funding, poor planning, and shortage of experienced individuals have hampered growth of antibodies contract manufacturing in most emerging countries.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
What Makes the U.S. the Largest Market for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
The U.S. dominates the North American region with a total market share of 89.5% in 2021, and is projected to continue experiencing high growth throughout the forecast period.
Demand for antibodies contract manufacturing is due to the rising research & development activities, presence of leading market players, established healthcare system, increase in clinical trial numbers, and increased attention of governments on biologics.
Why is the U.K. a Lucrative Market for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing in Europe?
The U.K. dominates the European market for antibodies contract manufacturing with a share of 26.8% in 2021.
Demand for antibodies contract manufacturing is driven due to increasing demand for antibody-based therapeutics, favourable safety profile of antibodies related with therapeutics, increased production capabilities, and presence of prominent players.
What Makes Japan an Emerging Market for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
Japan holds 8.9% share in the East Asia market in 2021, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of around 18.3%. Advanced healthcare infrastructure, growing interest of Asian CDMOS for overseas expansion, and huge-scale up capacities and capabilities are major factors attributed to the growth of the market in the country.
Why is India an Emerging Market for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
India dominates the South Asia market for antibodies contract manufacturing with a share of 30% in 2021.
Demand for antibodies contract manufacturing is driven due to very cheap labour cost, abundant raw material supply, considerable manufacturing expertise, increasing advanced R&D facilities, and presence of major international and domestic players.
Why are Monoclonal Antibodies Driving Market?
In terms of product, monoclonal antibodies hold around 89.1% market value share in 2021 globally. Growth is primarily attributed to increasing demand for monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use, which has significant success rate of development and approvals.
Why are Mid-sized Companies Highly Preferred for Antibodies Contract Manufacturing?
Based on company size, mid-sized companies account for the largest market share of 45.9% in 2021, due to wide range of services such as cell-line development, development & bio manufacturing, analytical services, and fill finish services.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic changed national healthcare priorities and spending, but had a positive impact on the growth of antibodies contract manufacturing. In order to combat the epidemic, local governments and corporations allocated significant funds for expanding current facilities and building new facilities.
Leading antibodies contract manufacturing companies also follow a fundamental strategy of improving unique biologics capabilities and capacity through technical improvements in order to cater to demand for biologics manufacturing. Thus, these factors have helped the market grow amid the pandemic crisis.
Key players are focusing on expansion in emerging regions and new product manufacturing. The strategy of expansion, new product launches and approvals, agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and developed distribution channels such as online sales by key manufacturers is further strengthening their market presence.
- Wuxi Biologics, in March 2021, entered into an equity agreement with Pfizer to acquire its biologics drug substance and drug manufacturing facilities along with the workforce in China. This acquisition will help Wuxi strengthen its drug substance and drug product base in the Chinese market.
- AGC Biologics, in March 2021, opened a new manufacturing capacity in Italy for expanding its manufacturing capacities and implement viral vector suspension capabilities. Such expansions will help company strengthen its presence in the CDMO market space.
- Avid Bioservices, in August 2020, entered into a contract with Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. for the clinical development of novel human monoclonal antiviral antibodies.
Similarly, recent developments related to antibodies contract manufacturing have been tracked by the team at Persistence Market Research, which are available in the full report.
Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Industry Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
US$ Mn for Value
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Key Segments Covered in Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Industry Research
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Antibody Fragments
- Polyclonal Antibodies
By Expression System
By Company Size
- Small Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Mid-sized Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Large Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Very Large Antibodies Contract Manufacturing Companies
By Scale of Operation
- Preclinical Antibodies Contract Manufacturing
- Clinical Antibodies Contract Manufacturing
- Commercial Antibodies Contract Manufacturing
Enquiry before Buying
- Is the market research conducted by Persistence Market Research?
Yes, the report filled with acne treatment market insights has been compiled by expert analysts of Persistence Market Research, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
- What research methodology is followed by Persistence Market Research?
Persistence Market Research follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
Persistence Market Research speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
Persistence Market Research conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through email.
- How can I buy this report?
Persistence Market Research provides a secure online payment system to buy reports seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.