Sales of toilet seat sanitizers have been witnessing fast growth in 2021 with revenue up 6.9% year-on-year. Revenue from the sales of toilet seat sanitizer across the globe will expand nearly 2X over the next ten years, reaching US$ 1.27 Bn by 2031. East Asia is expected to be a lucrative market for players, rising at 10.8% CAGR and capturing 16.6% share of the global market.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Redcliffe Hygiene Private Limited.
- Vitromed Health Care
- Millennium Hygiene Services Ltd
- Dragon Edge Group
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Al Sharhan Industries
- CERA Sanitaryware Limited.
- Cleenol Group Ltd.
- Washroom Hygiene Concept
- Sway Herbal Healthcare
- Vi-john Group
- Sirona Hygiene Private Limited
- Other Key Manufacturers (As per requirement)
Key Points Addressed in Toilet Seat Sanitizer Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Toilet Seat Sanitizers
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Demand Analysis of Toilet Seat Sanitizers from 2016 to 2020 Vs. Market Projections for 2021 to 2031
From 2016 to 2020, use of toilet seat sanitizers increased at around 5.2% CAGR, wherein, developed countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, and the U.K. held significant share in the global market.
During the forecast period, the global toilet seat sanitizer market is expected to remain optimistic. Nowadays, inclination of people is more toward new product launches in the market, especially in the sanitation and cleanliness sector, which includes toilet seat sanitizers.
The market is growing continuously because of rising health concerns among people. People are more aware about diseases such as cholera, diarrhea, hepatitis A, typhoid, and dysentery, all caused by germs present in unhygienic toilets.
Furthermore, product-related factors such as compact size in case of packaging, fresh fragrance, and easy use are expected to drive adoption of toilet seat sanitizers over the coming years.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
How are Market Players Gaining Consumer Attention by Promoting Desired Connotations for Toilet Seat Sanitizers?
Many brand owners and manufacturers use various claims and connotations to establish an important presence in this business space. Eco-friendly packaging, herbal and natural ingredients, anti-bacterial, organic sanitizers, and other terms with similar implications are generally used to entice customers.
Toilet seat sanitizers are also been promoted as products that guarantee additional hygiene over conventional products by using claims such as 'capable of killing 99.9% germs'.
Furthermore, numerous companies are investing in research & development to offer an innovative toilet sanitizers.
- For instance, in 2021, P Square Solutions LLC, a toll system solutions provider, introduced ‘My Spray’ toilet seat sanitizer with fine fragrances. The company claims that its spray sanitizer destroys 99.99% germs on toilet seats, and evaporates and dries in as little as 5 seconds.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Will Increasing Demand from Healthcare Sector Drive Overall Market Growth?
Demand for toilet seat sanitizers has been high from the healthcare industry, due to growing concerns for the safety and cleanliness of healthcare facilities.
In hospitals and clinics, chances of transmission of germs and bacteria from a toilet seat are more, and this gives rise to numerous infections such as urinary tract infections, especially in women.
Furthermore, with the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, sanitizers have become more popular especially at public facilities.
Will Rising Urinary Tract Infections in USA Aid Product Adoption?
The market in the U.S. is expected to progress at a CAGR of 3.4% CAGR during the forecast years.
Level of health consciousness is comparatively high in the United States as compared to other countries. Besides this, efforts undertaken by the government to maintain cleanliness at public toilets is further expected to accelerate new opportunities for players operating in the market.
How Fast is Use of Toilet Seat Sanitizers Increasing across Europe?
In 2020, the U.K. accounted for 30.2% share in the European market for toilet seat sanitizers, and is expected to grow at a rapid rate.
Europe home to the most popular campsites in the world. Wilderness and outdoor adventure activities are quite significant in the region. Many players in the market are remodifying their product offerings and launching a travel-friendly packing toilet seat sanitizer sprays that eliminate germs and bacteria from toilet seats along with the foul smell, which makes it easier for people to use these products while travelling.
Many tourists take all precautionary measures before travelling to any place. Thus, expanding use of toilet seat sanitizers for travel purposes is expected to scale up sales opportunities over the coming years.
How are Social Welfare Agencies Playing an Important Role in Promoting Hygiene and Sanitization in Brazil?
The market in Brazil is expected to progress at a CAGR of 9.2% CAGR through 2031. Many non-government organizations and clubs are promoting hygiene and sanitization in developing countries such as Brazil.
For instance, to increase awareness regarding hygiene and cleanliness, UNICEF organises many campaigns in the region. UNICEF promoting appropriate infection & hygiene prevention and control measures at households and institutions through awareness campaigns.
Thus, efforts undertaken by such organizations are likely to drive awareness regarding toilet sanitization, which is further likely to have a positive impact market growth in Brazil.
Why are Herbal Toilet Seat Sanitizers Gaining Popularity in India?
The Indian market for toilet seat sanitizers is assumed to increase at an impressive 12% CAGR, as a result of growing brand awareness and introduction of herbal products in the country. Awareness regarding the side effects of synthetic chemicals is rising among people, which is further encouraging them to switch to natural and herbal products.
- For instance, Herbal Strategi, an Indian organization, focuses on finding viable herbal alternatives to the multitude of chemical products, and launched herbal toilet seat sanitizers made with natural oils. The company is increasingly using slogans such as travel buddy, eco-friendly, biodegradable, skin safe, baby safe, pet-friendly, etc., to promote its unique products.
Such efforts undertaken by players in the market are likely to open new sales opportunities for market players in India.
Which Toilet Seat Sanitizer Type Dominates the Market?
In terms of product, demand for spray toilet seat sanitizers is expected to rise at an impressive rate of 8.1% CAGR. Extended use of spray toilet seat sanitizers for cleaning other surfaces such as taps, flushes, doors, and handles is expected to scale up adoption as compared to liquid sanitizers.
Furthermore, players are developing new sanitizers in order to expand their business globally.
- For example, Pee Safe launched a toilet seat sanitizer with multiple fragrance variants, which deodorizers to eliminate foul smell within 10 seconds and eliminate bacteria and germs from door handles, flushes, and taps.
Which End Users are Driving Most Sales of Toilet Seat Sanitizers?
In terms of end user, institutional, followed by the public restrooms, accounted for 25.8% and 22.6% market share, respectively, in 2020, and are expected to remain dominant over the forecast period as well.
The chances of urinary tract infection and other diseases are high at these places, because it is not possible to clean the toilet after every use. That is why people prefer sanitizers and other disinfection sprays at institutional and public restrooms.
How Fast is Online Retail Sales of Toilet Seat Sanitizers Projected to Grow?
As per market analysis, in terms of sales channel, online retailers are expected to dominate, rising at a high CAGR of 11.4%.
Increasing digital penetration all around the globe has encouraged manufacturers to expand their business penetration on e-Commerce platforms. Also, building up online sales channels has helped companies to significantly improve brand awareness and generate more revenue.
What Has Been the Impact of COVID-19 on Toilet Seat Sanitizer Demand?
Due to the increased demand for hygiene products, sales of toilet seat sanitizers have increased as a result of the novel coronavirus outbreak. Many new competitors have entered the sanitization industry, and many companies have moved their focus to the production of sanitizers in order to meet increased demand.
Companies operating in the market are finding different ways to introduce toilet seat sanitizers across regions. These efforts and measures are being undertaken due to growing competition. Well-established companies are taking a hard look at their marketing and promotional strategies and implementing them in collaboration with influencers that promote sanitization.
In light of growing awareness of the side-effects of synthetic chemicals, manufacturers have now shifted to using natural and organic materials. Also, the sustainability factor is being considered by players while designing sanitizer packaging.
Toilet Seat Sanitizer Industry Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
US$ Mn for Value
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Main Segments Covered in Toilet Seat Sanitizer Industry Research
By Product Type
- Spray Toilet Seat Sanitizers
- Liquid Toilet Seat Sanitizers
By End User
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Residential Use
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Institutional Use
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Public Restrooms
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Malls
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for HORECA
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Gyms
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers for Offices
By Sales Channel
- Direct Sales of Toilet Seat Sanitizers
- Modern Trade of Toilet Seat Sanitizers
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers Sold at Departmental Stores
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers Sold at Convenience Stores
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers Sold at Drug Stores
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers Sold by Online Retailers
- Toilet Seat Sanitizers Sold at Specialty Stores
- Other Sales Channels
Key FAQs Answered in Study
- What is the size of the global toilet seat sanitizer market?
The global toilet seat sanitizer market was valued at US$ 615.3 Mn in 2020, backed by increasing demand for hygiene and sanitization products across the world.
- Who are the prominent players manufacturing toilet seat sanitizers?
Holding more than 20% market share, Reckitt Benckiser, Vi-john Group, and Namyaa are top manufacturers of toilet seat sanitizers.
- At what CAGR did the market expand over the past 5 years?
The global market for toilet seat sanitizers increased at 5.2% CAGR from 2016 to 2020.
- What is a key trend shaping the toilet seat sanitizer industry?
Manufacturers encouraging restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and offices to make restrooms more women-friendly with proper sanitization is a key trend in this space.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving demand for toilet seat sanitizers?
Top 5 countries driving most of the demand for toilet seat sanitizers are the U.S., Brazil, U.K., China, and India.
- What is the outlook for the North American market?
North America held a significant share of 25.8% in 2020, and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 3.8% through 2031.
- At what percentage is sales of toilet seat sanitizers registering growth in Europe?
The European market for toilet seat sanitizers is expected to expand steadily at a CAGR of 4.8% over the next ten years.
- Which countries are key exporters of toilet seat sanitizers across the world?
Key exporters of toilet seat sanitizers are the U.S., India, and China.
- What are the key market statistics for South Korea and Japan as far as toilet seat sanitizers are concerned?
Market analysis reveals that year-on-year demand growth in South Korea was 8.5% in 2021, whereas, Japan is set to progress at a CAGR of over 10% through 2031.
Enquiry before Buying
- Is the research conducted by Persistence Market Research?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Persistence Market Research, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
- What research methodology is followed by Persistence Market Research?
Persistence Market Research follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
Persistence Market Research speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
Persistence Market Research conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through email.
- How can I buy this report?
Persistence Market Research provides a secure online payment system to buy reports seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.