Improvements in Fluid Consistencies and Food Textures Boosting Market Growth
The development of texture modified supplements and thickened liquids has gained notable traction in recent times, fuelling growth of the dysphagia supplements market.
Over the years, market consolidation activities such as collaboration between dysphagia supplement product companies and research academies have favored market growth, on the back of which, the market would exhibit a strong CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2019-2029).
For instance, in 2016, Nutricia collaborated with scientific and culinary food research center-Alicia Foundation and launched Nutils, a food supplement for dysphagia patients. Such developments can solve eating problems in geriatric patients and also bring growth-specific market opportunities.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc.
- Nestlé Health Science
- NUTRI Co. Ltd
- Danone S.A.
Launch of Pediatric-Specific Thickening Products to Create Significant Opportunities
A variety of dysphagia supplements are available in the market, only few target pediatric dysphagia conditions. Therefore, launch of pediatric-specific thickening products for swallowing disorders can create significant opportunities for manufacturers.
- In 2018, Parapharma Tech developed thickener product known as Purathick, for pediatric use in America.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Increasing Awareness Campaigns by Government and Other Organizations
Government and non-government organizations are increasing awareness programs to educate people regarding the disorder and available treatment options. These programs are anticipated to increase the demand for dysphagia supplements fueling market growth.
- For instance, National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders conducts public awareness campaigns on dysphagia in the U.S. and Canada on a regular basis.
- According to a survey conducted in 2014 by the Department of Medicine, Jamaica, 37% patients are unaware of the causes of dysphagia and thus, do not consult healthcare providers.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Increasing Prevalence of Strokes Accelerating Market Growth
Strokes are recognized as one of the leading causes of death worldwide associated with multiple complications such as dysphagia. Post stroke dysphagia is directly related to increased mortality and morbidity resulting in increasing focus on treatment of dysphagia.
- In 2014, a report published by WHO estimated that more than c15 Million people suffer from strokes globally out of which, caround 65%c are diagnosed with swallowing disorders.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Thick Beverages from Natural Source Preferred Choice of Supplement
Thickened beverages containing dysphagia supplements are the most preferred choice amongst dysphagia patients, which ensure safe and adequate hydration. Additionally, post consumption benefits of dysphagia supplements resulted in better acceptance amongst patients and ease in drinking.
- For example, in 2016, a clinical trial report carried out on 128 adults, which was published in the Journal Rehabilitation Nursing reported that naturally nectar thickened beverages was found to have better acceptance than thickened beverages in patients.
Abbott, Nestlé Health Science, Danone S.A., Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc., and NUTRI Co. Ltd are some of the top players operating in global dysphagia supplements market. Offering wide variety of dysphagia supplement products is the key strategy of these players to gain competitive advantage and increase market presence, globally.
A comprehensive perspective of the dysphagia supplements market has led our analysts to infer that the dysphagia supplements market is growing at a remarkable rate, with Europe and North America leading the global dysphagia supplements market. Increasing prevalence of dysphagia in geriatric as well as pediatric populations is anticipated to provide huge growth opportunities for the key players in the dysphagia supplements market.
Also, increasing demand for natural thickeners will also contribute to the growth of the global dysphagia supplements market. Growing inclination towards online medical stores and growing penetration of e-commerce is anticipated to fuel the growth of the dysphagia supplements market.
Key Segments of Dysphagia Supplements Market
PMR’s study on the dysphagia supplements market offers information divided into three important segments-product type, end user and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.
Key Questions Answered in PMR’s Dysphagia Supplements Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for dysphagia supplements market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for dysphagia supplements therapy during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the dysphagia supplements market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the dysphagia supplements market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the dysphagia supplements market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the dysphagia supplements market to upscale their position in this landscape?