- Market Research
- Direct To Consumer Testing Market Segmented by Carrier Screening Tests, Genetic Health Risk (GHR) Tests, Pharmacogenetics Tests, Cancer Predisposition Tests, Low Risk General Wellness Tests, Ancestry Tests, Nutrigenomics Testing use Targeted Analysis, Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Chips, Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Technology distributed through Over-the-Counter and Online Platforms Channels
Direct-to-consumer tests are In vitro diagnostics test which are directly marketed to consumers without the involvement of a health care provider. These tests required the user to collect a sample, such as urine or saliva, and send it to the company for testing and analysis. Various types of Direct-to-consumer tests are available, for instance, complete chemistries, blood counts, thyroid and hormone analysis, enzymes, diabetes, lipid panels, heavy metals (lead, arsenic), cancer screening, drugs of abuse, sports doping and steroids, therapeutic drug monitoring, pregnancy, fertility, inflammatory bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, and sexually transmitted diseases.
There are thousands of Direct-to-consumer tests currently available with more being developed. Moreover, patient with sexually transmitted diseases are not being tested due to due to fear, shame, stigma and embarrassment. However, Direct-to-Consumer Tests remove barrier to laboratory testing for sexually transmitted diseases, Patient can have test with privacy. Moreover, COVID-19 will show negative impact on Direct-to-consumer tests due to short time shut down of production facilities as well as significant disruption in supply chain
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Direct-to-consumer Testing Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rising awareness and adoption of direct-to-consumer tests among general people will propel the direct-to-consumer test market growth over the forecasting period. Leading players are focusing on developing easy to use direct-to-consumer testing solutions with superior quality. These tests ensure to provide efficient and accurate genetic test results. Furthermore, growing technological advancement in direct-to-consumer tests will fuel the growth of direct-to-consumer testing market. Beside, leading players offers direct-to-consumer testing kits through online channels to market their products. This allows key players to reach to a broad customer base across the world. Moreover, direct-to-consumer testing helps to avoid waiting for an appointment with doctors which also one the major factor for adaption of direct-to-consumer test.
However, direct-to-consumer testing still have a patient data privacy issue. Beside that many direct-to-consumer test are not covered in insurance plan which can hinder the direct-to-consumer testing market growth
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Direct-to-consumer Testing Market: Segmentation
A Direct-to-consumer Testing market can be segmented into test type, technology, distribution channels and geography.
Based on test type, the global Direct-to-consumer Testing market is segmented as:
- Carrier Screening Tests
- Genetic Health Risk (GHR) Tests
- Pharmacogenetics Tests
- Cancer Predisposition Tests
- Low Risk General Wellness Tests
- Ancestry Tests
- Nutrigenomics Testing
Based on technology, the global Direct-to-consumer Testing market is segmented as:
- Targeted Analysis
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Chips
- Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)
Based on the distribution channels, the global Direct-to-consumer Testing market is segmented as:
- Online Platforms
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Direct-to-consumer Testing Market: Overview
A Direct-to-consumer Testing market is expected to show remarkable growth over the forecast period due to rising adaption of Direct-to-consumer test amongst the people. Moreover, key players are focusing on development of easy to use and cost effective direct-to-consumer test. Based on test type segment, cancer predisposition tests is expected to hold the major market share in a Direct-to-consumer Testing market due rising prevalence of cancer. Among technology segment, Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Chips segment is expected hold highest revenue generating segment.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Direct-to-consumer Testing Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is a significant region in a Direct-to-consumer Testing market due to rise in adaption of direct-to-consumer test in this region. Europe hold second largest share in region due to upsurge in demand for direct-to-consumer test in this region. Moreover, East Asia and South Asia region will show significant market growth rate due to rising demand for direct-to-consumer testing options. Furthermore, due to poor healthcare facilities and lower adaption of direct-to-consumer testing in Middle East and Africa is expected to be least-lucrative market.
Direct-to-consumer Testing Market: Key Players
The global market for Direct-to-consumer Testing is consolidated with few market players. Examples of some of the primary key players operating in the global Direct-to-consumer Testing market are 23 and Me, Genesis Healthcare., Pathway genomics., MyHeritage., Mapmygenome., Living DNA, Karmagenes, Identigene, Helix OpCo LLC, Full Genome Corporation, Easy DNA, Color Genomics, Ancestry and among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Direct-to-consumer Testing Market Segments
- Direct-to-consumer Testing Market Dynamics
- Direct-to-consumer Testing Market Size
- Direct-to-consumer Testing Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China, South Korea, Japan)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Turkey, and Rest Of MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of the company.