As per the date syrup industry analysis by Persistence Market Research, the market is valued at around US$ 340 Mn, and over the next ten years is set to progress at a CAGR of 6.4%. The Middle East and Africa currently dominate the global market accounting for around 70% value market share.
The food & beverage industry accounts for a major share regarding the consumption of date products, owing to wide application in beverages and bakery & confectionery products. Overall, the global market is projected to close in on a valuation of US$ 630 Mn by 2031.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Malabar Food Products
- Just Dates Syrup
- Ario Co
- Sun Seas Business Group
- Al Barakah Dates Factory LLC
- Parsunday Symbol Co.
- Rapunzel Naturkost
- Date Lady
- D'VASH Organics
- Ratinkhosh Co
- EZEEBEE OVERSEAS PVT LTD
- Lion Dates Impex Pvt. Ltd.
- Ambrosia Delicatessen
Report Also Addresses:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Date Syrup Sales and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Sales Analysis of Date Syrup from 2016 to 2020 Vs Market Outlook for 2021 to 2031
Historically, from 2016 to 2020, the date syrup market expanded at a CAGR of around 4.7%. The product was widely used in the food & beverage industry as a natural liquid sweetener in various segments such as bakery & confectionery, beverages, dairy & desserts, and others.
Apart from this, with the emerging trend for nutritious diets, majority of consumers are shifting toward the consumption of nutraceutical products. With growing online retail channels, the target market has also witnessed a surge in demand over the past few years.
Considering these shifts and factors, the date syrup market is anticipated to expand at a value CAGR of 6.4% over the coming 10 years.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
What is a Key Opportunity for Manufacturers of Date Syrup?
Due to increasing demand for dates and date-based products, as identified by Ithraa, which is also known as The Public Authority for Investment Promotion & Export Development, Oman, as one of a total of 50 thrust products with most potential that could provide revenue recognition to the country in foreign trade. The government put forth suitable policies that have benefitted cultivators, processors, the country, exporters, and others.
In a report by The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Oman is highlighted to be the only one to provide no particular quality label or Geographical Indications (GI) nor Protected Geographical Indicators (PGI), established in the palm date sector in Oman, which has registered its dates’ competitiveness in the Indian market to be extremely high. Government support for increasing trade and distribution of date products is expected to mark opportunities for manufacturers.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
What are Restraints Affecting the Growth of Date Syrup Suppliers?
People have been looking for alternatives so as to lead a healthy lifestyle, and among those, substitutes for sugar have been the top priority. It all converges to the health issues and abrupt amount of calories that conventional sugar offers to the body.
Although it is the best substitute so far, but it is not the cheapest one available. The cost of a product plays a major role in its market growth, and not all consumers are ready to pay extra just for all the health benefits that a product has to offer.
Other substitutes such as honey, molasses, maple syrup, and agave do cast some restraints on the sales growth of date syrup.
- Dry molasses is a by-product of sugar production and has a high percentage of sugar. It is thus used as an affordable sweetening agent in various food and beverages applications.
- In the confectionary industry, molasses is used in producing candies, chocolates, and bars, owing to the natural flavor and texture that it provides to products.
Thus, manufacturers are increasing the use of dry molasses as an alternative to sugar for application in confectionery products, which is stunting demand for date syrup.
How is Increasing Demand for Non-GMO Food Products Bolstering Market Growth?
There has been a decline in the consumption and demand for mainstream utilization of genetically modified organisms (GMO). All converges to the fact that these cause diseases such as increase toxicity, allergic reactions, antibiotic resistance, cancer, and loss of nutrition.
Rapid urbanization and work-centric lifestyles have made people more aware and dependent on supplementing their bodies with the right kind of nutrition that is free from any concentration of adulteration.
Even the World health Organization (WHO) along with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) promote the production of non-GMO products. This has increased demand for non-GMO food products. Many manufacturers are also ensuring to source only non-GMO dates for processing and producing date syrup.
- Ario Co, D’VASH Organics and Ratinkhosh Co. are manufacturers that only source non-GMO dates for producing date syrup.
- Ratinkhosh Co., provides a minimally processed dates syrup, which comes with a shelf-life of 2 years without the use of any type of preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Will High Nutritional Value Offered by Date Products Attract Consumers?
With sates products being a direct derivative, hydrated deseeded form of dates contains all the nutritional constituents that are originally present in the fruit. The major chemical constituent in the syrup is carbohydrates, which is in the form of glucose, fructose, and sucrose with small amounts of cellulose and starch.
Then comes the protein, which ranges from 1%-7% and amino acids. The fat percentage is negligible, barely in the range of 0.1%-0.5%, with considerable amounts of antioxidants and minerals & vitamins.
The crude fiber in dates determines the amount of syrup that can be extracted from the fruit, which while extracting is minimized to obtain maximum syrup.
High nutritious content of dates has made it popular among athletes and those in the fitness industry. Dates and their derived products have been progressively consumed in the form of nutritious drinks, milk sweeteners, and proteins bars by athletes.
Why is the U.S. a Prominent Market for Date Syrup?
According to Persistence Market Research, the U.S. holds approximately 80% of North America’s volume share, and is expected to witness high value growth of approximately 6.5% over the forecast period. Date products are appearing in more U.S food products every year.
Date products can be used in baking and substitute sugar in a variety of foods, including salad dressings, marinades, glazes, beverages, yogurt, BBQ sauces, and others.
The U.S. is among the largest importers of dates in the global market. Rising demand for nutraceutical products in the country and the large foodservice industry are expected to offer high potential for date syrup manufacturers to target the U.S. market.
What are the Potential Growth Opportunities for Manufacturers of Date Syrup in India?
India accounts for more than 30% consumption in the South Asian market. India is one of the top importers of dates and has various manufacturers in the country. There is vast potential in the Indian market with growing disposable income and a large consumer base.
The bakery industry in India is expected to witness a comparatively high growth rate driven by the country’s rising middle class, marketization of the economy, urbanization process, and increased influence of social media. The market for date syrup in India is expected to reach around US$ 25 Mn by 2031.
How is Growing Demand for Innovative Beverages Benefiting Suppliers of Date Syrup?
The beverage sub-segment of the food & beverage industry accounts for around 30% value market share of date syrup. The global beverages industry saw tremendous growth with increasing demand from consumers for new and a variety of beverages, including both, alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
The industry, with the growing population and taste preferences of various customers, is expanding at a significant rate, which opens up optimistic market growth opportunities for manufacturers of date syrup, considering its applicability in both types of beverages.
Many beverage manufacturers are experimenting on the production of new drinks by using dates in milk and alcoholic beverages, and depending on the results, new beverage products are launched in the market. Apart from alcoholic beverages, a significant use of date products in non-alcoholic nutritional beverages such as fruit juices is anticipated as a natural sweetener.
- Parsunday Symbol Co. claims that its date products are used to produce high-quality alcoholic beverages and vinegar.
How is Consumer Inclination toward Organic Food Products Beneficial to Key Players Manufacturing Date Syrup?
Food that is grown organically with the use of primitive farming techniques and without the intervention of artificial substances of any kind offers not just better taste but also high natural nutrition concentration with minimal adulteration.
According to the Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, consumer demand for organically produced goods continues to incur double-digit growth, which resulted in the availability of these products in 20,000 natural food stores and in every 3 out of 4 conventional grocery stores across the U.S.
- Large number of manufacturers offering date products, including Al Barakah Dates Factory LLC, Rapunzel Naturkost, and others, are focused on providing organic date products.
Companies engaged in the production and supply activities of date syrup are adopting acquisitions and expansions as key strategies to create more space for themselves in the market. They offer products with various certifications for customers to choose from according to their preferences.
- In April 2021, Al Barakah Dates Factory LLC, started to build a solar powered factory that covers 600,000 sq feet of area based in Dubai’s largest manufacturing and processing hubs. In the presence of Minister of State for Food and Water Security, the company laid its expansion plans in the downstream processing of dates so as to play a major role in transforming the UAE into a global hub for innovation-driven food security.
- In February 2019, Parsunday Symbol Co. participated in Gulfood International Exhibition Dubai- 2019. The company did this so as to introduce its new products and packaging and also to present its strengths as a prominent supplier. The company also presented its recently improved and equipped production facility, which includes the latest sorting and packing machinery.
Similarly, recent developments related to companies manufacturing date syrup have been tracked by the team at Persistence Market Research, which are available in the full report.
Date Syrup Market Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
US$ Mn for Value
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Key Market Segments Covered
- Organic Date Syrup
- Conventional Date Syrup
By End Use
- Date Syrup for Food and Beverages
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Dairy and Desserts
- Snacks & Cereals
- Date Syrup for Nutraceuticals
- Date Syrup for Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Date Syrup for Foodservice
- Date Syrup for Retail/Household
By Distribution Channel
- Business to Business Sales of Date Syrup
- Business to Consumer Sales of Date Syrup
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Retail
FAQs Answered in Market Study
- How much is the global date syrup market valued at currently?
The global date syrup market is currently valued at around US$ 339 Mn.
- What is main factor driving demand for date syrup?
Sales of for date syrup are being triggered by growing seasonal demand for date products and increasing demand for natural sweeteners.
- At what CAGR did demand for date syrup increase over the past 5 years?
From 2016 to 2020, demand for date syrup increased at a CAGR of 4.7%.
- What will be the demand outlook for date syrup through 2031?
Sales of date syrup are projected to be valued at over US$ 630 Mn by 2031, increasing at a CAGR of 6.4%.
- What is the market share of the top 5 manufacturers of date syrup?
Top 5 manufacturers of date syrup include Al Barakah Dates Factory LLC, Parsunday Symbol Co., Rapunzel Naturkost, Ario Co, and Sun Seas Business Group, together accounting for around 15% - 20% share of global revenue.
- At what rate is the market in GCC countries registering growth in MEA?
GCC countries are expected to witness growth at approximately 6.5%, with the Middle East & Africa market holding the largest share of around 70% in the global market for date syrup.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving most of the demand for date syrup?
GCC countries, South Africa, and other Middle Eastern countries are among the major countries dominating demand for date syrup.
- How is the date syrup market faring in South Asia?
India is one of the major importers of dates in South Asia with a market share of around 30%. The South Asia market is expected to progress at a value CAGR of 8.8% through 2031.
Enquiry before Buying
- Is the market research conducted by Persistence Market Research?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Persistence Market Research, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
- What research methodology is followed by Persistence Market Research?
Persistence Market Research follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
Persistence Market Research speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
Persistence Market Research conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.
- How can I buy this report?
Persistence Market Research provides a secure online payment system to buy reports seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.