With the advent of industrial automation, macro 3D printing is expected to gradually gain market in the construction industry. 3D printers use materials such as concrete, steel and aluminium to build three-dimensional structures under computer system control. Macro 3D printing is a technology for printing large structures of as big as six meters in each dimension. Thus, with the increasing adoption of industrial automation, technologies such as macro 3D printing will be used for printing building structures.
Macro 3D printing technology is at infant stage and its mainstream adoption is still expected to be ten years away. It is anticipated to have wider applications in construction for printing buildings or components of buildings, in medical field for printing medical devices and in automotive for printing cars and automotive components and in aerospace for printing components.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Global Macro 3D Printing Market: Drivers and Restraints
Construction industry is expected to be the largest application market for macro 3D printing. According to United Nations, around three billion people will need basic infrastructure and proper housing by 2030. Macro 3D printing technology can help to solve the housing shortage issue in the future by printing large building structures. Macro 3D printing technology minimizes material and labor cost, thus it can be expected to have positive impact in developing countries.
However, as macro 3D printing technology is at infancy stage thus it is very expensive, causing insignificant mainstream adoption by consumers. Further, calibration and maintenance of the machine is also one of the factors that might limit the wider adoption of macro 3D printing technologies in future.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Global Macro 3D Printing Market: Market Opportunities
The gradual shift to industrial automation will create opportunities for macro 3D printers in the future. For instance, the future of construction industry includes 3D printers, drones and robotic bulldozers which will provide support for creating robotic building site. Further, Local Motors, a US based company has already developed a 3D printed car named Strati.
Open collaboration platforms for 3D printing such as Spark, support companies to build different types of 3D printing technologies by providing extensible Application Programming Interface (API) for different stages of the 3D printing workflow. Using this application, companies can build 3D models for any 3D printer. This type of platform is helping to create awareness and promote macro 3D printing.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Global Macro 3D Printing Market: Market Segmentation
Segmentation on basis of End-user in Macro 3D Printing Market:
The major segments of End-user in Macro 3D Printing market include:
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Global Macro 3D Printing Market Players
Currently, very few companies are producing macro 3D printers. Some of the players in the Macro 3D Printing market include: Genesis Dimensions, iBox Printers, World’s Advanced Saving Project (WASP) by Centro Sviluppo Progetti (CSP).
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Macro 3D Printing Market Segments
- Global Macro 3D Printing Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Global Macro 3D Printing Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Macro 3D Printing Market
- Global Macro 3D Printing Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Macro 3D Printing Market
- Value Chain
- Global Macro 3D Printing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Macro 3D Printing Market includes
- North America Macro 3D Printing Market
- US & Canada
- Latin America Macro 3D Printing Market
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Europe Macro 3D Printing Market
- Asia Pacific Macro 3D Printing Market
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan Macro 3D Printing Market
- Middle East and Africa Macro 3D Printing Market
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint