Herpes Markers Testing Market
Global Market Study on Herpes Marker Testing: Antibody/Antigen Based Kits to be the Most Attractive Segment by Test Type During the Forecast Period 2017 – 2025
Herpes Marker Testing market is segmented by test type that is Viral Culture Test, Nucleic Acid Amplification-based Kits, Antibody or Antigen-based Kits, also by an indication such as HSV-1, HSV-2, HSV-1 or HSV-2.
An introduction to the global herpes marker testing market
Herpes marker testing is done to detect the presence of the herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection in the body. Various strains of herpes simplex virus have been known to infect humans. Among these, only two are included in the scope of our study: HSV1 and HSV-2. HSV-1 generally causes orofacial diseases such as cold sores, whereas HSV-2 is responsible only for genital herpes. Diagnostic kits available for herpes marker testing include HSV-1 kits, HSV-2 kits and HSV-1/HSV-2 kits.
There are various types of laboratory diagnosis methods based on sensitivity and specificity, such as viral culture method, antigen & antibody based immunoassays and PCR amplification. The end users of these test types include hospitals, diagnostic centers, clinics and academic & research institutes. The global herpes marker testing market was valued at US$ 284.9 Mn in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period 2017 – 2025.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abcam Plc
- BioMérieux SA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Quidel Corporation
- Luminex Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- Qiagen N.V.
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Hologic Inc.
- Bio Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience Inc.
- Teco Diagnostics
Factors impacting revenue growth of the global herpes marker testing market
The global market for herpes marker testing products is flooded with numerous regional as well as international players and is continuously evolving with various technological advancements and new product launches. The herpes marker testing market is mainly driven by the prevalence of herpes in the population, increasing government support, growing awareness, rising healthcare expenditures, new product launches and an increasing focus on evidence-based medicine.
Certain factors such as poor access to diagnostic services in remote areas, insufficient R&D initiatives, pricing pressures, and stringent regulations are some of the factors restricting market revenue growth. Companies are focusing on acquisitions, mergers and new product approvals and launches for remaining competitive in the global market.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Antibody/Antigen based kits to lead global market revenue growth by test type
Based on test type, the market for herpes marker testing has been divided into viral culture test, nucleic acid amplification-based kits and antibody/antigen-based kits. The antibody/antigen-based kits segment dominates the herpes marker testing market with around 50% market share projected throughout the forecast period and is expected to remain the highest in terms of value over the forecast period owing to the huge product availability as well as high physician preference for this test type.
However, the nucleic acid amplification-based kits segment is observed as the highest growing segment over the forecast period owing to the growing acceptance of PCR technology in diagnosis due to its high sensitivity, specificity and less time consumption. The nucleic acid amplification-based kits segment accounted for 22.9% share in 2016 and is projected to account for just under 24% share by 2025 end with the highest growth rate of 6.6%.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Key research findings
- Demand for herpes marker testing remains to be high through 2025, registering a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period because of increasing demand as well as supply side growth drivers and trends
- With the high sensitivity and specificity of nucleic acid amplification-based kits test type segment, it represents higher growth rate followed by the antibody/antigen based kits segment and is expected to continue to do so over the forecast period
- Herpes marker testing products are consumed mostly for clinical diagnostics than for research purposes representing significant market share and growth rate
- There are numerous players present in the herpes marker testing market at the regional as well as international level. Acquisitions, mergers, expansions, product launches and adoption of new technologies are the key strategies adopted by manufacturers and distributors to increase their consumer base in different geographies
- North America is anticipated to remain the highest consumer base in the global herpes marker testing market
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !