Market Value and Forecast
The global adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% throughout the forecast period (2018–2026).
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH
- BioMedomics, Inc
- CapitalBio Technology Inc
- Trinity Biotech
- Streck, Inc .
Adult Hemoglobinopathy Testing Market: Key Insights
- Favorable reimbursement for adult hemoglobinopathy testing is expected to drive the growth of the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market over the forecast period.
- Offering of prenatal testing and use of advanced molecular testing are expected create lucrative opportunities for the new players entering the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market.
- Development of various rapid POC diagnostic methods for sickle cell disorder and thalassemia is expected to spur the growth of the market for adult hemoglobinopathy testing over the forecast period.
- Europe, followed by Asia Pacific excluding Japan, is expected to be the leading market for adult hemoglobinopathy testing, owing to growing immigration from high-risk regions
- The increase in number of cases of hemoglobinopathy in Northern and Central Europe, particularly in Germany, owing to immigration is expected to drive the growth of the market for adult hemoglobinopathy testing over the forecast period.
- Around 15 million people across the globe suffer from thalassemia disorders and nearly 1.5% of the world population is estimated to be carrier of β-thalassemia, which are the other factors expected to drive the growth of the global market for adult hemoglobinopathy testing over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is projected to have continuous growth over the forecast period due to increasing prevalence of hemoglobinopathy in various ethnic groups.
- Robust research and development related to hemoglobinopathy testing have given rise to development of various new diagnostic techniques such as cation-exchange HPLC, point-of-care lateral flow immunoassay, colorimetric quantification of PCR-amplified DNA, molecular identification of alpha and beta chain mutation analyses and HPLC tandem mass for identification of hemoglobin variants, which are expected to create numerous opportunities in adult hemoglobinopathy testing market.
- Premarital and prenatal genetic testing for the sickle cell trait identification is rapidly gaining popularity in developed as well as developing countries, which is projected to spur the growth of the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market over the forecast period.
- Over the last decade, the leading companies operating in the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market are focusing on advanced diagnostics and therapeutics for adult hemoglobinopathy testing.
- Various supportive initiatives are been taken from the government and non-government organizations in low- and middle-income countries, which support people in collaboration with private donations
- A number of regional, national and international non-government organizations are actively involved in increasing the awareness regarding various hemoglobinopathy conditions. These NGOs provide financial aid to patients who cannot afford the diagnosis and treatment costs
- Reduction in the overall cost of testing and various government screening programs are expected to create attractive revenue share for the key players operating in the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market
- Lower cost of Hb test & high prevalence of hemoglobinopathy in Asia & Africa are the factors expected to drive the market growth
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Factors and Trends Impacting the Growth of the Adult Hemoglobinopathy Testing Market
Hemoglobinopathy is one of the most common hereditary diseases worldwide. Hemoglobinopathy encompasses genetic disease of hemoglobin, which falls mainly into two groups, i.e., thalassemia and structural hemoglobin variants. Hemoglobinopathy disorder is caused by the presence of variant hemoglobin in the red blood cells. The adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is segmented on the basis of variant type, test type, end users and region.
On the basis of test type, the HPLC test segment in adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is expected to account a large revenue share over the forecast period owing to its accuracy and use of HPLC as compared to other segment test types.
However, lack of awareness regarding hemoglobinopathy testing and disorders among the general population, especially in underdeveloped and developing economies, high prevalence of the disease, highly complex tests for hemoglobinopathy, and lack of access to screening procedures with various accurate technologies, such as genetic testing, are some of the prime factors expected to hamper the growth of the adult hemoglobinopathy testing market over the forecast period.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Adult Hemoglobinopathy Testing Market: Regional Outlook
The global adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is segmented into six key regions, namely North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and the Middle East & Africa. In terms of value, Europe is a large regional market for adult hemoglobinopathy testing and is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific excluding Japan adult hemoglobinopathy testing market is projected exhibit significant growth over the forecast period due to increasing prevalence of hemoglobinopathy in the region, particularly in China and India.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Adult Hemoglobinopathy Testing Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global adult hemoglobinopathy testing market are Trinity Biotech, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH, BioMedomics, Inc, CapitalBio Technology Inc, and Streck, Inc., among others
The Adult Hemoglobinopathy Testing Market is Segmented Based on: