The deployment of 5G technology is anticipated to intensify the demand for fiber optic connectors. In this regard, companies in the global market are looking forward to reap profits from this surging demand and are focusing on customizing their products as per the needs of the telecommunication industry and service providers. This is important as fiber optic connectors have generally been used in military data transfer and telecommunication systems and different niche deployments. Thereby, the companies that are manufacturing fiber optic connectors are developing an inquisitive nature for the applications and industries that are comparatively new to them. It has been witnessed in the last couple of years that fiber connectors hold a significant part of the complete broadcasting and television setup. For fulfilling the growing needs of fiber optic components in the global television broadcasting industry, manufacturers are focusing on accelerating the research and development activities and innovation related to fiber optics and other components.
Telecommunication sector industry will continue its lead in the global market
The deployment of fiber optic connectors and related components is increasing incessantly and is fueling the growth of the telecommunication infrastructure in return. While most of the developed regions have achieved a decent penetration of the fiber optics technology, a stable demand is expected from several developing regions in the coming years. The rise in the number of internet users across the globe along with the decreasing prices of data plans has led to a substantial rise in the use of data consumption per person worldwide. In order to serve the growing data needs, telecommunication infrastructure is getting updated and vendors are trying to focus on catering to niche customer requirements. The launch of new satellites and antennas by private companies is also being explored in order to cater to this swelling need.
Data centers will hold the second position in the global fiber optic connectors market giving a neck on neck competition to the telecommunications industry
Fiber optic cables transfer high data and information rates over distant areas as compared to copper links. With the progress in processing and information sharing requirements, the demand for fiber optic connectors and cables is anticipated to intensify owing to the high speed pertaining to transmission and enhanced capacity for longer transmission separation offered by fiber optic links. Moreover, the incessant growth in media telecom subscribers globally and the need to expand telecommunication systems will drive the global fiber optic connectors market.
Improvement of internet activities to boost use of fiber optics in data centers
The development of associated gadgets and mounting number of mobile internet solutions and services customers signify the substantial increment in the Worldwide Web activities, especially in data centers. This has positively impacted the various technological developments in the fiber optics market over the last few years and is expected to drive revenue growth over the course of the forecast period. Such progresses in internet activities are anticipated to influence system suppliers to re-develop optical advancements and also re-design their systems.
A Synopsis of the Global Fiber Optic Connectors Market with Reference to the Global Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) Sector Outlook
The global digital ecosystem has been continuously evolving over the last few years. The worldwide ICT sector has witnessed some key disruptions of late and governments of various economies are devising and implementing smart and inclusive regulations to govern sector penetration and facilitate technology connectivity to all parts of the world. Even as the world of technology prepares for a massive revolution with unimaginable advancements powered by machine intelligence, here are some of the key drifts presently trending the global ICT sector:
- Mobile as the new internet accessibility engine: Currently, about three-fourths of internet usage is through mobile phones, with an increasing usage witnessed in low-income and middle-income countries. Yet, over half the world’s population is bereft of mobile broadband internet services. Mobile data providers have accepted this challenge and are targeting niche, unpenetrated markets with high-speed connectivity offerings to increase their customer base.
- Cloud computing to shoot beyond the sky: Cloud is a potent catalyst in all technological advances of the 21st Cloud is transforming the way enterprises handle big data, and ICT companies are looking to deploy new mechanisms and tools to “speak to data” and acquire the relevant information capable of impacting cross sector business growth.
- Swifter integration of networks and technologies: ICT will continue to disrupt industries and with an increasing shift in focus towards cross-functional platforms that integrate networks, devices, and technologies, a structured integration of communication applications and protocols is fueling new service offerings.
- An app-led technology universe: If mobile is at the heart of the ICT revolution, mobile apps are the arteries that pump in the necessary innovation for survival. The rise of start-ups offering a plethora of mobile apps is set to revolutionize the entire paradigm of the global ICT sector.
- Cyber readiness is the norm: A rapid digitalization has also upped the risk of cybercrimes and cyber-attacks. Mobile companies are working to build secure ICT servers and networks and cyber readiness is of paramount importance today while introducing new products and services in the global market.
PMR utilizes robust methodology and approach to arrive at market size and related projections. The research methodology for this report is based on 3 dimensional model. We conduct about 45-60 min duration detailed interviews with product manufacturers; apart from this we also collect market feedback from industry experts. To validate this data, we interact with senior panel members having more than 10 years of experience in relevant field. The panel members help in validating the findings and fill the gaps if any. In addition, we leverage on our existing pool of information, paid database and other valid information sources available in public domain. Usually industry interactions extend to more than 50+ interviews from market participants across the value chain.
PMR collects data from secondary sources including company annual reports_bk_01_01_2020, association publications, industry presentations, white papers, and company press releases apart from these we leverage over paid database subscriptions and industry magazines to collect market information and developments in exhaustive manner. After being done with desk research, detailed questionnaire and discussion guide is formulated to initiate primary research with key industry personnel; the discussion aims at collecting key insights, growth perspectives, prevalent market trends and quantitative insights including market size and competition developments. Both of these research approaches help us in arriving at base year numbers and market hypothesis.
In this phase, PMR validates the data using macro and micro economic factors. For instance, growth in electricity consumption, industry value added, other industry factors, economic performance, growth of top players and sector performance is closely studied to arrive at precise estimates and refine anomalies if any.
Data Analysis and Projection
Data analysis and projections were made based on proprietary research frameworks and statistical analysis, which was further validated from industry participants. These frameworks include Y-o-Y growth projections, macro-economic factor performance, market attractiveness analysis, key financial ratios, and others.
For public companies we capture the data from company website, annual reports_bk_01_01_2020, investor presentations, paid databases. While for privately held companies, we try to gather information from the paid databases (like Factiva) and based on the information we gather from databases we estimate revenue for the companies. In addition, the team tries to establish primary contact with the companies in order to validate the assumptions or to gather quality inputs.
Standard Report Structure
- Executive Summary
- Market Definition
- Macro-economic analysis
- Parent Market Analysis
- Market Overview
- Forecast Factors
- Segmental Analysis and Forecast
- Regional Analysis
- Competition Analysis
The global fiber optic connectors market has been segmented into:
- Lucent Connectors (LC)
- Mechanical Transfer Registered Jacks (MTRJ)
- Subscriber Connectors (SC)
- MPO Connectors
- Straight Tip (ST) Connectors
- Ferrule Connectors (FC)
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
- SEA & Other APAC
- Data Centers
- Television and Broadcasting
- Aerospace and Avionics
- Test and Measurement