Food fibers are beneficial to maintain a good health. Human beings have grasped the advantages of food fibers over the past few years. Growth of the global food fiber market is influenced by several factors which are related to the benefits of food fibers, and their consumption. Demand for food fibers has risen owing to its nutritional importance. Several advantages such as reduction in cholesterol levels, regulating bowel movements, controlling the sugar level in blood, decreased heart diseases and their associated risks, obesity, and hypertension risks, promote overall human health. The lifestyle of people has changed as they get aware of health problems and associated benefits with the adoption of food fibers. The high disposable income coupled with this fact has resulted in an increased food fiber consumption, thus supporting the growth of the global market for food fibers.
The global food fiber market is anticipated to grow at a healthy growth rate to reflect a 5.7% CAGR during the assessment period 2017-2022 and also reach a significant market share by the end of 2022.
5 Forecast Highlights on Global Food Fiber Market
The global market for food fibers has been categorized by product type (oat fiber, wheat fiber, polydextrose, vegetable fiber, inulin, soluble corn fiber and others), application (dairy, bakery % confectionery, functional foods, meat products, beverages and other applications) and region (North America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Latin America, Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa).
- North America is anticipated to show dominance over the market in terms of market share during the assessment period. This region is also likely to grow at a significant CAGR during the 2017-2022 period
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) region is anticipated to show high growth rate during the period of assessment. It is poised to reflect a high CAGR of 6.5% during the assessment period 2017-2022
- Inulin segment by product type is anticipated to show highest expansion rate during the assessment period to show a CAGR of 9.5%. This segment also shows a significant market share and is more of a lucrative segment in the product type
- Soluble corn fiber category has a significant market share as of 2017, and this trend is likely to carry on during the assessment period. This segment is anticipated to lead the global food fiber market by product type in terms of significant market share
- Bakery and confectionery segment by application is anticipated to grow at a high growth rate as compared to other segments in this category during the assessment period to reflect a CAGR of 6.9%. This segment is poised to show significant market share thus leading the global market in the years to come. The bakery and confectionery segment is likely to gain the maximum BPS by the end of 2022
The report has also profiled key leading players in the global food fiber market, which would remain active through 2022. These include players like J. RETTENMAIER & SÖHNE GmbH, Co KG, Grain Processing Corporation, Kerry Group, Nexira, SunOpta Inc., Ingredion Roquette Frères S.A., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Tate & Lyle and Cargill Inc.