Increasing Demand for Functional Ingredients across Regions to Drive D-Mannose Consumption: Persistence Market Research Study
Published On : Dec 01, 2021
As per the detailed study by Persistence Market Research, the global D-mannose market is slated to expand at a CAGR of 4.2% and reach a valuation of close to US$ 5.5 Bn by 2031.
Growth of functional foods has been fueled by increase in the number of health-conscious consumers across the world. Consumers are increasingly opting for healthier alternatives to sugary soft drinks and foods. The ability of D-mannose to enhance flavor profiles while also providing health advantages in functional foods is expected to drive market growth over the coming years.
Because of its capacity to disguise germs and block their attachment to urothelial cells, natural sugar D-mannose is being examined as an alternative to antibiotics. When taken in sufficient amounts, D-mannose damages foreign particles in the urinary tract, preventing them from settling in the bladder, which is a cause of infection.
Customer preference has been growing for natural products; the reason being, growing population that is suffering from various diseases and is allergic to synthetic products. This is expected to positively impact the market for natural sugars such as D-mannose. Consumers' attitudes toward natural products can be reflected in their purchasing patterns, which are always changing. Key reason driving demand growth of natural goods is the health and wellness benefits connected with them.
Companies are shifting their focus to increasing applications of D-mannose and introducing products to capture both, international and domestic markets, with a single product line that can be utilized in a variety of industries. D-mannose is rapidly being used as a natural ingredient in a variety of end-use sectors to improve bladder health.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The D-mannose market in countries of East Asia and Middle East & Africa is expected to grow at CAGRs of 6.2% and 4.6%, respectively, during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
- North America and Europe hold the largest market value shares globally for D-mannose, with 33.4% and 27.2%, respectively.
- The market for D-mannose in dietary supplements is valued at US$ 1.46 Bn.
- Growing demand for natural flavored supplements is anticipated to drive the capsules and tablets segment at a CAGR of 4.4%.
- Based on end-use industry, the animal feed segment is set to witness the highest CAGR of 5.2%, followed by the pharmaceuticals segment.
- The United States and China hold significant market shares for D-mannose consumption in North America and East Asia, respectively.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the business to business segment holds the highest market value share of 56.6%.
“Utilization of D-mannose in functional foods is expected to increase due to its ability to enhance flavor profiles while also providing health advantages, being low in calories and having texture-improving properties,” says a Persistence Market Research analyst.
Manufacturers of D-mannose are focusing on improving their infrastructural facilities to ensure better production of premium quality products.
- Hanseler AG invested in modern infrastructure and facilities for enabling the production of different pharmaceutical dosage forms. With the high standard of equipment and flexible infrastructure, the company is aiming to offer premium quality products to its customers.
- Nutraceutical International Corporation opened a new state-of-the-art laboratory for delivering high-quality and innovative products to customers. With premium-quality being the hallmark of the company, it has opened a new laboratory with stringent testing protocols to inspire confidence among customers towards its products.
Explore More Valuable Insights
Persistence Market Research, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global D-mannose market, presenting historical data (2016-2020) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2021-2031. The study offers compelling insights on the basis of form (powder and capsules & tablets), end use (functional food, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, animal feed, and others), and across seven major regions of the world.
For additional insights on how growth of the D-mannose market will shape up over the next decade, write to email@example.com
About Food & Beverage Division at Persistence Market Research
The Food & Beverage team at Persistence Market Research provides all the necessary insights and consulting analysis to fulfill the unique business intelligence needs of clients worldwide. With a catalog of more than 500 reports pertaining to the latest statistics and analysis from the food & beverage industry, the team is happy to help with every business intelligence research and consulting requirement.
D Mannose Market
Market Study on D-Mannose: Demand Set to Surge from Animal Feed Industry
Market Study on D-Mannose: Demand Set to Surge from Animal Feed IndustryRequest TOC