Tunnel Lighting System
Tunnel Lighting System - Global Industry Analysis 2014 - 2018 and Forecast 2019 - 2029
Tunnel Lighting System Segmented By type such as Symmetrical and asymmetrical tunnel lighting system, Asymmetric counter beam tunnel lighting system, Pro beam tunnel lighting system
Tunnel Lighting System: Market Introduction
As road transport networks become ever more crowded, the use of tunnels and underpasses is expanding, both to improve traffic flow, and to protect local environments from increased traffic exposure.
Within tunnels, maintenance access can be limited, and challenging atmospheric conditions are common, reliable performance of the lighting system is critical, as it is the basic need for the absolute minimum of operational maintenance requirements. The primary functions of tunnel lighting system are:
- Firstly, to allow proper visibility to enable traffic to enter, pass through and exit the tunnel section safely
- Secondly, to do so without causing any physical impediment or obstruction to the through-flow of traffic.
These aims are achieved by the adequate illumination of the tunnel interior, which allows drivers to quickly adjust to the light within, identify possible obstacles, and negotiate their passage without reducing speed. These requirements apply during the day when the contrast between outside and inside is significant and at night when it is less, but reversed.
The 5 zones of tunnel lighting system CIE guidance (CIE 88-1990) states that the amount of light required within a tunnel is dependent on the level of light outside and on the point inside the tunnel at which visual adaptation of the user must occur.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Tunnel Lighting System: Properties & Market Dynamics
When planning the tunnel lighting system, there are 5 key areas to consider:
Access Zone Tunnel Lighting System
- Not within the tunnel itself, this is the stretch of road leading to its entrance. From this zone, drivers must be able to see into the tunnel in order to detect possible obstacles and to drive into the tunnel without reducing speed. The driver’s capacity to adapt in the access zone governs the lighting level in the next part of the tunnel. One of the methods used by CIE to calculate visual adaptation is the L20 method, which considers the average luminance from environment, sky and road in a visual cone of 20°, centered on the line of sight of the driver from the beginning of the access zone.
Threshold Zone Tunnel Lighting System
- This zone is equal in length to the ‘stopping distance’. In the first part of this zone, the required luminance must remain constant and is linked to the outside luminance (L20) and traffic conditions. At the end of the zone, the luminance level provided can be quickly reduced to 40% of the initial value.
Transition Zone Tunnel Lighting System
- Over the distance of the transition zone, luminance is reduced progressively to reach the level required in the interior zone.
Interior Zone Tunnel Lighting System
- This is the area between transition and exit zones, often the longest stretch of tunnel. Lighting levels are linked to the speed and density of traffic.
Exit Zone Tunnel Lighting System
- The part of the tunnel between interior zone and portal. In this zone, during the day time, the vision of a driver approaching the exit is influenced by brightness outside the tunnel.
Tunnels are one of the most accident prone spots on a given stretch of road, especially highways where vehicles usually traverse at faster speeds compared to in-city roads. Thus maintaining proper visibility in tunnels for passenger safety is a critical part of overall traffic safety regulations. With strong focus on preventing accidents and enhancing safety for travelers, there are strict regulations in place concerning tunnel lighting systems.
Moreover, the expansion of highway networks to previously unconnected parts of the world, especially inter-country mountainous regions has led to the need to construction of a large number of road tunnels. Moreover, development of metro train and subway train stations also requires the building of tunnels and efficient tunnel lighting systems. Thus, all of these factors are projected to positively impact the growth of tunnel lighting system market across different regions of the globe.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Global Tunnel Lighting System Market: Segmentation
|basis of type||
|basis of application||
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Global Tunnel Lighting System Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global Tunnel Lighting System market identified across the value chain Johnson Controls (Ireland), Siemens (Germany), Trane (Ireland), SICK AG (Germany), ABB Group (Switzerland), Kapsch (Austria), Philips Lighting (Netherlands), Honeywell (US), Eaton (Ireland), and Swarco (Austria), among the others.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Opportunities for Participants in the Tunnel Lighting System Market
One of the greatest challenges of tunnel lighting system is their ability to support drivers’ visual perceptions—both day and night—from the point of entry through to the point of exit. Effective tunnel lighting system, therefore, requires consistent light levels throughout the structure for safe passage. Tunnel lighting system are also highly corrosive environments requiring sealed and durable luminaires.
Due to heavy traffic and fluctuations in weather and climate, tunnel fixtures are continually exposed to water, dirt, road salt, exhaust fumes, brake dust and other corrosive agents. Thus the development of lighting fixtures specific to the environmental conditions of different tunnel locations can provide new growth opportunities for market players in the tunnel lighting system market.
The Tunnel Lighting System report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report on Tunnel Lighting System provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Tunnel Lighting System market segments and geographies.
The Tunnel Lighting System report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Tunnel Lighting System Market Segments
- Tunnel Lighting System Market Dynamics
- Tunnel Lighting System Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Tunnel Lighting System Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Tunnel Lighting System Competition & Companies Involved
- Tunnel Lighting System Value Chain
- Tunnel Lighting System Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis of Tunnel Lighting System Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, Poland, and Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (Japan, South Korea, and China)
- South Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Tunnel Lighting System Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Tunnel Lighting System market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint