Personnel monitoring systems refer to the activities whose purpose is to directly evaluate the individual doses and body burdens. The main principle objectives of personnel monitoring systems are to avoid unnecessary exposure and prevent over-exposure of personnel working with various sources of radiation. Personnel monitoring systems also measure an individual's radiation exposure to gamma, energetic beta and x-ray sources and used to monitor the exposure of hospital personnel to chemicals, such as aldehydes, hydrogen peroxide, ethylene oxide, and others, commonly used in healthcare facilities.
Personnel monitoring systems usually promote staff safety during the sterilization procedure by exposure monitoring of hazardous chemicals such as CIDEX Solution, Ethylene Oxide, CIDEX OPA Solution, and Hydrogen Peroxide. Several systems such as film badge, pocket dosimeter, radio-photoluminescence glass dosimeter, thermo luminescence dosimeter (TLD), and others have been used for personnel monitoring. Thermo luminescent dosimeter is a passive dosimetric system where the dosimeter is worn by the radiation worker and the radiation exposure is estimated on the basis of TL readings.
The global market for personnel monitoring systems is segmented on the basis of product type, end user, and geography.
Based on the product type, the global personnel monitoring systems market is segmented into:
- Film Badge
- Thermo Luminescence Dosimeter (TLD)
- Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) Monitor
- Radio-Photoluminescence Glass Dosimeter (RPLGD)
- Pocket Dosimeter
- Self-Reading Pocket Dosimeter
- Electronic/Digital Pocket Dosimeter
- Others (Impingers, Tedlar Gas-Sampling Bags, Detector Tubes, etc.)
Based on the end user, the global personnel monitoring systems market is segmented into:
- Nuclear Industry
- Cancer Treatment Centers
Personnel monitoring systems monitor and control an individual dose and maintain the life time cumulative dose record. Personnel monitoring systems keep a check on safety aspects of applications of radiation and radioisotopes in industry, agriculture, medicine, and research. Based on product type, the global personnel monitoring systems market is segmented into Film Badge, Thermo Luminescence Dosimeter (TLD), Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) Monitor, Radio-Photoluminescence Glass Dosimeter (RPLGD), Pocket Dosimeter, and others. Film Badge is used to measure the individual dose from beta particle, x-rays, gamma radiation, and thermal neutrons. Film badge and thermo luminescence dosimeter generally not show the accumulated exposure immediately. Moreover, the dose received by the worker can also be assessed by wearing a pocket dosimeter. Pocket dosimeters are small and portable personnel monitoring systems. Pocket dosimeters give instantaneous radiation exposure and are very useful in the work where radiation level varies considerably.
North America personnel monitoring systems market is expected to grab maximum market share in the global personnel monitoring systems market owing to increased adoption of new technologies in the field of personnel management. North America market for personnel monitoring systems is followed by the Europe personnel monitoring systems market due to the increased demand for personnel monitoring systems. The Asia Pacific personnel monitoring systems market is anticipated to be the most lucrative market for personnel monitoring system due to the increasing number of the nuclear plant. The Latin America personnel monitoring systems market and the Middle East and Africa personnel monitoring systems market are expected to register a slow growth rate due to lack of sufficient healthcare professionals in the regions.
The key players present in the global personnel monitoring systems market are STERIS plc, ECOTEST, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Gammadata Instrument AB, Laurus Systems Inc., Ludlum Measurements, Inc., and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Segments
- Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2026
- Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Personnel Monitoring Systems Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific excluding China
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance