Vanilla and vanillin are the most preferred flavors among consumers. Food and beverage products such as vanilla ice cream, vanilla-based beverages, and vanilla flavored chocolate are among the highly consumed food products across the world. The demand for vanilla-flavored food products is also on the rise, attributable to the ability of vanilla to enhance the taste of a wide range of desserts and confectionery items. Moreover, vanilla-flavored alcoholic beverages are also gaining traction. With an increased number of applications of vanilla flavor, the vanilla bean market is anticipated to exhibit healthy growth through 2030.
- For instance, in 2019, Coca-Cola North America launched its new flavors - Coke Orange Vanilla and Coke Orange Vanilla Zero Sugar - in Canada. These newly launched beverages are blended with extracts of vanilla from vanilla beans and oranges to provide a refreshing taste.
The global vanilla bean market has witnessed substantial growth over the past few years, and this trend is expected to continue through the course of the forecast period (2020 to 2030). The global vanilla bean market is estimated to rise at a steady CAGR of 5% during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from Vanilla Bean Market Study
- By origin, bourbon will dominate the vanilla bean market during the forecast period with the highest market value share, owing to the higher production vanilla beans as compared to the other origins.
- The cosmetics & personal care segment under end use is projected to witness the highest growth rate, attributable to the increasing use of vanilla extracts in cosmetics products.
- Processed vanilla beans are witnessing the highest market value share in the global vanilla bean market; a major contributing factor is the multi-industrial use of vanilla powder, vanilla liquid, and vanilla paste.
- Use of vanilla bean products as an ingredient is expected to increase in numerous alcoholic beverage products, owing to the rising consumption of flavored alcoholic beverages across the world.
- High use of vanilla beans in the food industry is still a dominating aspect for the vanilla bean market. The major contributing factor for this is the higher usage of vanilla flavor in the confectionery and bakery industry, subsequently expanding the use of vanilla in more food applications such as baby food, powder premixes, and others.
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the export of vanilla beans has slowed down as a result of trade bans imposed by many countries. The pandemic has had an immediate negative impact on the demand for vanilla beans from food processors and manufacturers. The procurement cycle will be impacted but demand is expected to increase again in the third and fourth quarters of 2020
- Post pandemic, more stringent export protocols and regulations may be outlined. This may continue to impact the supply chain of vanilla bean suppliers and food processors. The aftereffects of COVID-19 will enhance digitalization of the supply chain and will minimize the lead time of procuring products.
“Manufactures in the vanilla bean market could acquire extensive profits by targeting cosmetic manufacturers, due to increasing use of vanilla processed ingredients in the cosmetics & personal care industry, Moreover, rising utilization of vanilla flavor in the pharmaceutical industry is another advantageous factor for the market. However, the growing impact of COVID-19 on the food & beverage industry could hamper the growth of the vanilla bean market in the near term,” says a PMR analyst.
Vanilla Bean Market: Competitive Landscape
The vanilla bean market is consolidated in nature. Key players operating in the market are adapting their market strategies to benefit the most from prevailing market trends. Leading manufacturers are adopting strategies such as geographic expansion and strengthening their supply chains. Additionally, manufacturers are aiming to cater to the rising number of health-conscious consumers to gain a competitive advantage in the landscape.
Explore More Valuable Insights on Vanilla Bean Market
Persistence Market Research, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global vanilla bean market, presenting historical data (2015-2019) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2020-2030. The study offers compelling insights on the vanilla bean market based on nature (organic and conventional), grade (grade A and grade B), origin (Bourbon, Mexican, Indonesian, Ugandan, Tahitian, and others), type (raw and processed), end use (food, beverages, cosmetics and personal care, pharmaceuticals, and household), and distributional channel (business to business and business to consumer), across seven regions.
For additional insights on how the cinnamon market will shape up over the next decade, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Food & Beverage Division at Persistence Market Research
The Food and Beverage team at Persistence Market Research provides all the necessary insights and consulting analysis to fulfill the unique business intelligence needs of clients, worldwide. With a catalog of more than 500 reports pertaining to the latest statistics and analysis from the food & beverage industry, our team is happy to help with every unique business intelligence research and consulting requirement.