- Market Research
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Segmented By Energy Sources such as Radiofrequency (RF), Cryoablation and Laser with Catheter Types such as Single Point Radiofrequency Catheters, Multielectrode Radiofrequency Catheters, Contact Force Sensing Radiofrequency Catheters and Balloon Catheters
Catheter ablation is a procedure which is used to remove the affected heart tissues that cause a heart rhythm problem. Ablation catheters are passed through the blood vessel in the neck, arm and threaded into the heart to remove the affected heart tissues that cause abnormal heart rhythm by using radiofrequency (RF) as the source of energy. Arrhythmias occur when electrical signals in the heart do not work properly. Medicines used in arrhythmias are to control abnormal heart rhythm, but catheter ablation devices remove the affected tissue.
In February 2016, irrigated ablation catheter manufactured by Boston Scientific Corporation, received the approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Irrigated ablation catheter is used to diagnose and treat a condition called type I atrial flutter
Atrial flutter is the condition the cause heart to beat too fast leading to heart failure or stroke. Some of the common symptoms include palpitations, presyncope, mild dyspnea, and fatigue. Irrigation ablation catheter uses total tip cooling technology that is used to cool the catheter tip during the ablation procedure. In open irrigation catheter, radiofrequency energy is used to destroy the place in the tissue that causes atrial flutter.
Technological advancements, advanced product pipeline and growing awareness of patient safety and monitoring are some of the key drivers that are fuelling the growth of irrigated ablation catheter market. However, high research and development expenses in product development and the low awareness about irrigated ablation catheter in the developing countries is anticipated to hamper the growth of irrigated ablation catheter market.
According to National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, atrial fibrillation cost $6 billion each year in the United States. Medical expenses of people suffering from atrial fibrillation are about $8,705 higher per year compare to people who do not have atrial fibrillation.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Segmentation by Energy Sources
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
On the basis of regional presence, global irrigated ablation catheter market is segmented into five key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to lead the global irrigated ablation catheter market owing to advanced healthcare infrastructure, higher adoption of technologies, and availability of reimbursement policies.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Some of the major players in global irrigated ablation catheter market are Boston Scientific Corporation, Osypka AG, Biosense Webster, Inc., and others. New technologically advanced products and systems being launched in the global market, along with expansion in the emerging markets is the primary strategy adopted by major players in the global ablation catheter system market.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Segments
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2024
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Irrigated Ablation Catheter Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance