Explosive data generated by large enterprises and individuals is giving rise to need for file-and object-based storage. The amount of data generated globally is rising exponentially, majority being unstructured data including photos, videos, audio files and other media which is creating huge market opportunities for file-and object-based storage market.
A file-based storage stores data in a hierarchical form. It is basically used to store structured data. While unstructured data require large capacity to be stored in, which is not provided by file-based storage. Unstructured data is stored in object-based storage. It does not have limit to type or size of metadata and can be geographically separated. These are stored in a flat structure and can be retrieved in the same manner as they were originally stored.
File-and object-based storage solves the issues of storing tremendous data generated on daily basis. File-and object-based storage has numerous market opportunities in data centres. Big data analytics and cloud computing generate large amounts of data which are stored in file-and object-based storage in data centres. Thus, growth of data centres will create market for file-and object-based storage.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
File-and object-based storage Market: Drivers and Restraints
File-and object-based storage are also cost-effective as compared to block storage. File-and object-based storage reduces the need of an expensive proprietary hardware. They do not require management overhead to move data manually between different tiers. File-and object-based storage automatically enables routing of data to the right storage in a single tier with different protection levels.
However, file-and object-based storage suffer performance issues. Enterprises try to make storage faster but due to the humongous amount of data generated, scalable performance becomes difficult to achieve. Companies try to expand capacity in order to improve performance but this leads to increase in costs. Further, integration of object-based storage in enterprise’s infrastructure is also of the challenges.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Global File-and Object-based Storage Market: Market Segmentation
Segmentation on basis of storage type in file-and object-based storage market:
The major segments of storage type in file-and object-based storage market include:
- Scale-up storage
- Scale-out storage
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Global File-and object-based storage Market Players
Some of the prominent players in the file-and object-based storage market include Cleversafe, Cloudian, DataDirect Networks, Dell Inc., EMC Atmos, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NetApp Inc., and Scality.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global File-and Object-based Storage Market Segments
- Global File-and Object-based Storage Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Global File-and Object-based Storage Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Global File-and Object-based Storage Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Value Chain
- Global File-and Object-based Storage Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global File-and object-based storage Market includes
- North America File-and Object-based Storage Market
- US & Canada
- Latin America File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Europe File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Asia Pacific File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan File-and Object-based Storage Market
- Middle East and Africa File-and Object-based Storage Market
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint