With increasing cloud usage data centers are getting larger and larger storing more data than ever. Enterprises are also adopting centralized data management to ease data access. However this also results in a complex data management structure which requires efficient flow of data across network. This has resulted in the need for network infrastructure that streamlines data distribution at the data center and resultantly across the network including at the end points.
The task of managing connectivity between different networks and between end points is maintained by Data Center Switches. Data Center Switches are used to forward frames out of the ports to the end locations located in the network. Data Center Switches use standards-based protocols to segment traffic using the concept of virtual local area networks. Data Center Switches also prevent network loops using spanning tree protocol.
Data Center Switches Market: Drivers & Challenges
The complexity of networks has been on rise with the increasing dependency of organizations on cloud storage. The number of end nodes connected to a network has also increased steadily. This has resulted in complex networks which can be managed only by using network switches. This will help the market in growing and will also be a major driver for the market for network switches.
Data Center Switches Market: Segmentation,
Segmentation of Data Center Switches, By Type:
- Core Switch:
- Core Switches are the switches deployed at the top tier of the network and are designed for fast data transfer with high throughput. The function of core switches is to move packets and frames from one core switch to another and eventually to the distribution layer.
- Distribution Switches
- Distribution switches are used to connect the core and the access tiers together on the network. Distribution switches are also responsible for moving data from one distribution block to another using the core switch network.
- Access Switch
- Access switches are the only switches that directly interact with the end user devices. The access tier switches typically have the highest port density of all switch types.
Data Center Switches Market: Competitive Landscape
- Key Players
- The major players in Data Center Switches market include Cisco Systems Inc, Fortinet, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Juniper Networks, Inc., Arista Networks, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell, Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd, and Mellanox Technologies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Data Center Switches Market Segments
- Data Center Switches Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Data Center Switches Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Data Center Switches Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Data Center Switches Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Data Center Switches Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint