Breast Lumpectomy treatment is an alternative to mastectomy. The breast lumpectomy treatment involves removal of tumor or lump from breast while causing minimal tissue loss. Breast Lumpectomy Treatment involves surgery to remove the tumor while leaving as much normal breast as possible. How much tissues are removed in the procedure depends on the size and location of the tumor Also, breast lumpectomy treatment targets at conserving the original shape and size of the breast while also providing complete eradication of cancer cells. Patients at breast cancer stages 0, 1, and 2 are considered as early stage while stage 3 and 4 are considered as late stage. Breast lumpectomy treatment can be performed at stage 0, 1, 2, and 3. Also breast lumpectomy treatment can be combined with radiation therapies. Side effects of breast lumpectomy treatment includes, a firm scar at the site of tumor and sometimes swelling in the arm. There are chances of change in the shape of breast, also pain in the armpit and chest wall which does not go away over time occurs due to breast lumpectomy treatments
Breast cancer is one of the major cancer which is spread globally with 99% of the breast cancer patients being women. According to 2018 Globacan, 262 347 new cases of breast cancer have been reported in North America which is one of the leading concern for patients. However with advancements in technology have led to early detection of cancer and decreased the mortality rates. Rising incidence of breast cancer and technology advancements leading to better imaging are driving the breast lumpectomy treatment market. Companies such as Carl Zeiss are developing new devices help in identification of tumors and normal tissues and are helpful in early detection of breast cancers. New approaches are gaining grounds for the breast lumpectomy treatment. Radial surgeries are being replaced by less invasive treatments. Oncologists and cancer surgeons are moving to significant treatment plans such as breast lumpectomy treatments which provide more comfort to the patients. Also better insurance and reimbursements plans by the government for breast lumpectomy treatment is driving the market. Rise is venture capitalists for breast lumpectomy treatments is helping in fueling the breast lumpectomy market to grow. Also, as the breast lumpectomy treatment is better than the mastectomy treatment, it may emerge as one of the dominant form for breast surgery in the coming years.
The overall market of Breast lumpectomy treatment is pushed by the increasing demand for growing expenditure on healthcare.
Tentatively, Breast lumpectomy treatment Market has been segmented on the basis of Indication type, treatment type, and Route of administration, distribution channel and geography.
Based on treatment type, for the global breast lumpectomy treatment market is segmented as:
- Stage I Breast Cancer
- Stage II Breast Cancer
- DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ)
Based on End Users, the global Breast lumpectomy treatment Market is segmented as:
- Specialized clinics
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Research institutes and Academic centers
Based on region, global Breast lumpectomy treatment Market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
North America is expected to dominate the Breast lumpectomy treatment Market globally, followed by Europe, due to increase in the incidence of cancer. The breast lumpectomy treatment market is expected to rise in North America due to technology advancements, strict regulations for patient care and safety in the region. The infections occur due to catheter changing and can be prevented if the patients manage to keep the site clean and eat nutritious food. The Breast lumpectomy treatment Market in Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to grow at a significant CAGR due to expansion of product offerings by the key players. In addition, initiatives by the governments in the region on providing better healthcare facilities to the population contribute to the growth of the Breast lumpectomy treatment market. Europe is expected to have second large share in the global Breast lumpectomy treatment market throughout the forecast period.
Some of the major players in the Breast lumpectomy treatment Market are Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Susan G Komen, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Moffitt Cancer Center, Cedars-Sinai, Breast Cancer Network Australia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, The manufacturers of Breast lumpectomy treatment are involved in collaboration agreements to exploit the maximum potential.
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Breast lumpectomy treatment Market by product type, treatment type, distribution channel and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by product type, treatment type, distribution channel and country segments
- Breast lumpectomy treatment Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Breast lumpectomy treatment Market system market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Breast lumpectomy treatment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the test, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume