Growth of the global nonwoven fabric market is mainly supported by increasing investments in the textile industry in various countries across the globe. Nonwoven fabrics are preferred in many textile and automotive applications, owing to their various advantages over other materials, such as lightweight, comfort of use, and many others. In addition to this, the continuously increasing global population is creating huge demand for various personal care products, which is subsequently boosting the growth of the global nonwoven fabric market.
A study done by PMR concludes that, the nonwoven fabric market is anticipated to reach a valuation of US$ 92 Bn by the end of 2030, expanding at a healthy CAGR of around 7% over the forecast years (2020-2030).
Key Takeaways of Nonwoven Fabric Market Study
- The drylaid technology segment is estimated to hold a lion’s share in the nonwoven fabric market, owing to its wide usage in disposable caps, masks, scrub suits, and shoe covers, drapes, wraps and packs, sponges, dressings and wipes, bed linen, contamination control gowns, examination gowns, and others.
- By application, the personal care segment is estimated to develop at a relatively high CAGR during the forecast years. Due to high demand for disposable diapers and female care products for routine applications, the segment is estimated to remain crucial driver for the global nonwoven fabric market.
- On the basis of material, the polypropylene (PP) segment is projected to hold more than two-third market share over the forecast period, owing to its various benefits such as high tensile strength and low density.
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is having a positive impact on the nonwoven fabric market, owing to the sudden rise in the demand for medical and industrial protective apparel across the world.
- Owing to increasing investment in the textile, construction, and medical sectors, and the presence of key manufacturers in the region, East Asia is estimated to hold a prominent share and remain dominant in the global nonwoven fabric market throughout the forecast period.
“Enhancing product quality by assessing the environmental impacts in a product’s entire lifecycle is crucial, and will be a key to thrive in the nonwoven fabric market. As such, leading players are continuously focusing on providing products with less environmental impact at affordable prices,” says a PMR analyst.
Competitive Landscape of Nonwoven Fabric Market
The global nonwoven fabric market is identified as a highly fragmented market, as there are a large number of local and global players in the market space. Tier-1 players such as Avintiv, Inc, DowDupont, Toray Industries, Freudenberg SE, and Asahi Kasei Corporation account for around 30% of the global market share. Upgradation of operational bases and investments in the research & development of new products in order to gain a competition advantage over tier-2 and tier-3 players has been the main strategy of these key players in the global nonwoven fabric market.
Highly Lucrative Opportunities in South Asia Market
The demand for nonwoven fabric is expected to gain high traction in South Asia in the coming years, owing to increasing investments in the construction, textile, and medical sectors. Governments of emerging economies such as India and China are encouraging private sector players to invest more in these regions. This, in turn, is playing a huge role in fueling the growth of the nonwoven fabric market in the region.
About the Nonwoven Fabric Market Report
The research report analyzes the total sales of nonwoven fabric on the basis of value (US$ Mn) and volume (KT), segmented on the basis of technology, material, application, and region. The nonwoven fabric market is projected on the basis of factors such as the medical sector outlook, healthcare spending by various countries, and construction industry overview. Also, the report includes a competition analysis section that includes tier structure analysis, market structure analysis, competition development, and other crucial information about nonwoven fabric manufacturers.
For additional insights on how the nonwoven fabric market will shape up over the next decade, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About PMR – Chemicals and Materials
Persistence Market Research’s Chemicals & Materials team is regarded as one of the most reliable and authoritative sources of intelligence among stakeholders across the value chain. Our team of industry experts provides vital insights across a broad range of sub-domains, including, but not limited to, commodity, specialty chemicals, composites, nanotechnology, and institutional cleaning chemicals. PMR’s research and consulting services include market sizing, product and market segmentation, and a detailed discussion on prevailing and anticipated market conditions. Reach out to us for more information on how we can help.