- Market Research
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market is Segmented by drug type such as Fludrocortisone, Midodrine hydrochloride, Droxidopa, Pyridostigmine, Indomethacin, Caffeine, Epoetin, Oxilofrine potassium chloride and Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs having Diagnostics test type such as ECG, Blood tests, Stress test and Echocardiogram
Orthostatic hypotension, also known as postural hypotension, is a state of dizziness that is caused due to low blood pressure. This is commonly happen when a person stands up from a long sitting and feel dizziness. Orthostatic hypotension can be caused due to heart problems, dehydration, endocrine problems and nervous system disorders. Also, it has been found that nursing home elderly residents are more prone to OH than people who stay living in the community. In OH, there is at least 10 mm Hg in diastolic blood pressure and 20 mm Hg fall in systolic blood pressure. Generally, OH last for few seconds to few minutes however, long lasting of OH is a sign of serious problem and one must consult with a doctor. Rate of hospitalization for OH is highly prevalent among geriatrics population.
The orthostatic hypotension disorder is mostly common in the elderly, teenagers and postpartum mothers. The key drivers that can boost the orthostatic hypotension market are increasing in the aging population with increase in the prevalence of diabetes and heart disorders along with availability of increasing number of treatments options. Increasing adoption and integration of technologies in healthcare premises along with emergence of new entrants in the existing market is expected to further propel the demand for treatment of orthostatic hypotension worldwide. Though the market is poised to witness healthy growth during the forecast period, threat of side effects with the medicines is proving a major restraint to overall growth of the market.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
|by Drug type||
|by Diagnostics test type||
|by end use type||
Availability of variety of antihypertensive agents for the treatment of orthostatic hypotension is expected to drive the global orthostatic hypotension treatment market. Innovative treatment and diagnostic options are expected to contribute in the growth of orthostatic hypotension market in the forecast period. Among the available drugs for treatment fludrocortisone is used widely to increase the amount of fluid containing in the blood which would contribute for the increased market share of orthostatic hypotension market.
North America dominates the global orthostatic hypotension market followed by Europe, Japan and Asia Pacific. The developing nations in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa hold huge potential for growth in the orthostatic hypotension market due to its affordable prices and number of clinical trials conducted in these regions. Also, over the period of time, there has been significant growth in terms of healthcare expenditure. Liberalization of stringent regulatory policies along with high emphasis on FDI has led to significant investment in healthcare sectors in developing regions. This in turn, is expected to boost the healthcare market in developing regions especially Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ).
Key players of orthostatic hypotension market are Mylan Inc, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Chelsea Therapeutics, Amgen, F. Hoffman-La Roche. Apotex, Inc.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market Segments
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Orthostatic Hypotension Market Drivers and Restraints
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance