- Market Research
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market is Segmented type such as Asymptomatic, Symptomatic and Prophylactic treated by drugs such as Radiocontrast, Loop diuretics, Calcium supplements, Antibiotics, Antiepileptic drugs, Estrogen, Bisphosphonates and Cinacalcet having supplements includes Calcium supplements and Vitamin D supplements.
Hypocalcaemia is imbalance of electrolytes which is indicated by abnormally low level of calcium in the body. A healthy person has 8.5-10.2 mg/dL calcium level in his/her body, however, drop in this level could possibly led to hypocalcaemia disorder. Middle aged population needs to take 1000 mg of calcium while geriatrics population aged 65 and above should take 1500 mg of calcium per day. Hypocalcaemia is caused by hypoalbuminemia, hyperphosphatemia, surgical effects, medication effects, hypomagnesemia, heart failure, muscle cramps, vitamin D deficiency, alcoholism, magnesium deficiency, insufficient protein in the blood, in the blood and many more. Neuromuscular irritability is the most common sign of hypocalcaemia. Hypocalcaemia are mostly diagnosed by clinical suspicion and laboratory testing. Hypoparathyroidism has a major effect on hypocalcaemia and high recurrence rate.
The hypocalcaemia can be caused at any age but it is commonly observed in ill patients and patients with parathyroid surgery and with increase in the prevalence of heat related disorders in the older population witnessing the growth of hypocalcaemia treatment market is expected to expand at considerable CAGR during the forecasted period. Also, with increase in the awareness among the aging population and availability of treatment creates an opportunity for hypocalcaemia treatment market worldwide. However, the biochemical abnormality associated with hypocalcaemia carries risks in diagnosis and treatment.
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
|by Drug type||
|by dosage forms type||
Parenteral calcium supplements dosage are given to patients suffering from acute hypocalcaemia. Whereas, in case of chronic hypocalcaemia oral calcium supplements are administered. Medical supervision is given to avoid risk associated with parenteral administration. With increasing demand for effective treatment of hypocalcemia, companies need to capitalize on their resources to offer effective medications and in turn further expand their business footprint in developing regions.
Incidence rate of hypocalcaemia is quite high in North America compared to other regions. North America dominates the global hypocalcaemia treatment market followed by Europe, Asia Pacific owing to high awareness about the treatments of hypocalcaemia in these regions. The developing regions such as Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa hold huge potential and is a promising market for hypocalcaemia treatment due to significant increase in medical tourism industry.
Key players of Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market are F. Hoffman La Roche, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Pfizer Inc., and Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market Segments
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Hypocalcaemia Treatment Market Drivers and Restraints
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size
- Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance