Bicycle Components Market to Top US$ 50 Bn Valuation by 2030; Supply Chain Disruptions Due to COVID-19 Outbreak Affecting Market Growth
Published On : Dec 22, 2020
Bicycles are the most economical mode of transportation used in rural as well as urban areas across the globe. They are used by various demographics, and find use in personal as well as professional spaces. Bicycle production is highly dependent on the production of bicycle components, as they form critical elements in bicycle construction. With varied end-user requirements, the bicycle components market has evolved over the years with the introduction of integrated technologies, riding safety, new materials, and advanced features for all types of bicycles. Rising carbon emission concerns have led to increased use of bicycles across regions, which is another factor pushing the growth of the global bicycle components market.
PMR analysis says that, the global bicycle components market is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key Takeaways from Bicycle Components Market Study
- Growth in population will create significant demand for bicycles, and indirectly surge the need for bicycle components. East Asia is the largest base for consumption as well as production of bicycles.
- In Europe, government regulations to boost green transportation have led to a spike in the number of people using bicycles for transportation. The bicycle components market in Europe is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
- Gradual inclination of today’s youth toward cycling sports has had a positive impact on the sales of sports bicycles such as mountain bikes and cruiser bikes. Cycling events across the globe attract many sponsors, which has also provided a commercial perspective toward using mountain bikes. The mountain bikes segment dominates the Europe market in terms of volume and value.
- Developments in component materials have led to improved performance characteristics, advanced mechanical properties, and lightweight construction. However, this has also led to increased costs.
- Due to restrictions brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, production of bicycle components has been hit, which will negatively impact market growth in the short term.
“Bicycles will continue to be used in future because they act as a tool to reshape mobility with very little effort. The future of bicycles will be dominated by digital technologies, which will make their way into every bicycle component and provide ultimate riding satisfaction,” says a PMR analyst.
Market Landscape Continues to Remain Fairly Fragmented
The global bicycle components market is fairly fragmented at global and regional levels. Tier-1 manufacturers account for one-fifth of the market share in the global market. Some of the leading players included in the report are SRAM LLC, Shimano Inc, Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd, and Dorel Industries Inc. To gain a competitive advantage in this space, market participants are involved in B2B networking with bicycle manufacturers, investments in R&D, promotion at cycling events, partnerships, product innovation, and acquisition activities to achieve market growth.
Want to Know More?
The research report bicycle components market published by Persistence Market Research analyzes market demand trends of the product on a value and volume basis. The report contains global industry analysis of 2015–2019 and opportunity assessment for 2020–2030. The report provides in-depth analysis of the bicycle components market through different segments - component, bicycle, sales channel, and region. The bicycle components market report also provides supply and demand trends, pricing trends, cost structure, and market presence of leading manufacturers, along with an overview of the parent market.
For additional insights on how the bicycle components market will shape up over the next decade, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About PMR – Automotive & Transportation
Persistence Market Research’s team of automotive and transportation market experts has been tracking the industry for nearly a decade now. The team has authored 1,000+ reports, covering a broad spectrum – from passenger cars and freight to components and railways. Our market research includes market sizing, forecasting, product, and market segmentation, and a detailed discussion on prevailing and anticipated market conditions. Reach out to us for more information on how we can help.
Bicycle Components Market
Global Market Study on Bicycle Components: Technological Advancements in Component Materials Aiding Market Expansion
Global Market Study on Bicycle Components: Technological Advancements in Component Materials Aiding Market ExpansionRequest TOC