- Market Research
- Marine Thrusters Market Segmentation By operation: Fixed Pitch Propeller, Controllable Pitch Propeller; application:Oil & gas rigs, Commercial (passenger, cargo and other vessels), Military Vessels, Private & Recreational Cruises; type:Tunnel Thrusters, Jet Thrusters, Azimuthal Thrusters, Lateral Thruster, Retractable Thruster
Marine Thrusters Market: Introduction
Marine Thrusters are devices designed to give a hydrodynamic thrust, either sideways or forward, to enable the movement of the ship, boat or vessel they are attached to. Marine thrusters help in the movement, maneuvering, dynamic positioning and steering of the vessel on water bodies. Marine thrusters not only help in maneuvering of the vessel, but they also increase hydro-dynamic efficiency, reduce vessel rudder, and emits less vibration and noise. Due to this, marine thrusters are widely used in passenger ships and other commercial vessels. Marine thrusters also reduce fuel consumption as they generally require lower installed power to operate. All these factors make marine thrusters an optimal solution for ship propulsion system.
On the basis of their function and type, marine thrusters are usually categorized into lateral thrusters, jet thrusters, azimuthal thrusters, retractable thrusters and a few others, depending on the maneuverability options they provide. Out of the types mentioned, azimuthal thrusters, jet thrusters and retractable thrusters dominate the marine thrusters market
Find Out More about the Report Coverage
Marine Thrusters Market: Dynamics
The rise in international seaborne trade and constant increase in deployment and sales of ships for general sea based logistics, globally, are expected to be the two major factors driving market growth for marine thrusters. Moreover, boost in demand for resources, such as, coal, crude oil, iron, and steel from the developing regions is also expected to fuel the market growth for marine thrusters during the forecast period. Rise in use of inland waterways and certain technological advancements have been observed. Increased demand for marine thrusters from various emerging shipbuilding & repair market is expected to provide immense opportunities for the market growth of marine thrusters. Recovering crude oil prices is expected to contribute towards the growth of oil & gas and other commodities trade, especially through sea, which is expected to contribute towards the growth of marine thrusters market globally.
However, certain stringent guidelines with respect to environmental responsibilities and humongous capital investments required to set up new manufacturing units might hamper marine thruster’s market growth during the forecast period. Certain fluctuations in oil process, low freight rates and shipping overcapacity might also create challenges for the marine thrusters market
Customize this Report
Explore Intelligence Tailored to Your Business Goals.
Marine Thrusters: Market Segmentation
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Marine Thrusters Market: Regional Overview
Europe and Asia-pacific is home to some of the major shipbuilding industries in the world. Presence of large number of shipbuilding companies is expected to drive the marine thrusters market growth significantly in these regions. Growth of shipbuilding industry in countries like China, South Korea and other Asia-Pacific countries, coupled with the growing seaborne trade in these regions is expected to propel the marine thrusters market growth in the region. Also, Asia-pacific is expected to register a high growth rate in the marine thrusters market. North America is also expected to contribute significantly towards the growth of marine thrusters market due to the presence of a highly developed marine industry in the region. Middle-East and Africa is expected to hold moderate share in the marine thrusters market, due to the lack of major shipbuilding companies in the region, but is expected to propel the market growth in the region due to the rise in sea-trade in gulf countries.
Explore Persistence Market Research’s expertise in promulgation of the business !
Global Marine Thrusters Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the market participants in the global Marine Thrusters market identified across the value chain include:
- VETUS Twin Disc, Incorporated
- Lewmar Limited
- Poseidon Propulsion Inc.
- M.S. Inc.
- Veth Propulsion
- Sleipner Motor AS
- CRAFTSMAN MARINE
- Caterpillar Propulsion
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Rolls-Royce plc
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Marine Thrusters market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Marine Thrusters market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Marine Thrusters Market Segments
- Marine Thrusters Market Dynamics
- Marine Thrusters Market Size
- Marine Thrusters Supply & Demand
- Marine Thrusters Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Marine Thrusters Competition & Companies involved
- Marine Thrusters Technology
- Marine Thrusters Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with Marine Thrusters market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Marine Thrusters market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of Marine Thrusters’ parent market
- Changing Marine Thrusters market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Marine Thrusters market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected Marine Thrusters market size in terms of volume and value
- Marine Thrusters recent industry trends and developments
- Marine Thrusters competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in Marine Thrusters market
- A neutral perspective on Marine Thrusters market performance
- Must-have information for Marine Thrusters market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint